Sunday, Prairie City anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, Prairie City anyone

I'm thinking of heading up to PC Sunday around 3PM, just for a little bouncing around. Anyone interested in meeting up?
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Thanks for the invite, but heading up to Strawberry trail that Morning

Comment

I would look into heading up that way, but I'm working both days this weekend, I want new tires, so I wont get off from work until 2pm.
      Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
        I'm thinking of heading up to PC Sunday around 3PM, just for a little bouncing around. Anyone interested in meeting up?
        I may be in.. I dont know whats up for this weekend but that might work..
        Aaron
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I'll be in Washington DC for the week. Can't wait!!
          1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

i would interested in PC or strawberry
            70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

I can proably make it.

Comment

Looks like I will be getting out there sometime between 2:30 and 3pm.
                Marc D.

Comment

Depending on what happens at or after the Halloween Party I'm going to tonight I might be game. Post back up tomorrow, or I'll TTT the thread and hope for some responses, I didn't have the truck out at all this summer, it's itching for a new dent
                  71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
                  nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

Well, today was fun. Met Brewdude, and only scratched up the paint. Nothing major. Bronco did well, watched some stupid people, and then I offered up my trailer to a kid that broke his drag link on his YJ. Nice kid, and his mom thanked me for helping her son get home. Wish more EB's could have shown up.
                    Marc D.

Comment

Got up to Strawberry today with 6 other rigs(Jeeps). Boy has that trail changed in the last few years since I have been there. We moved a few boulders, cut down a few trees, and blocked a bypass. Trail was a little wet and ran through snow at the top.

Somebody moved some rocks at V rock and almost made it impassible. We fixed that situation now until the spring. The new part of the trail we opened up needs a little more work done. Right now its off camber, up hill and a VW sized boulder you have to squeeze by. I remember running that trail by myself a few years back. I would have been tough to do that today with getting body damage. Nice to have a couple more people there today to help keep you off the rocks. Thats when I wish I had a beater rig and didn't care about scraping up the side of it.

Comment

Sounds like you had a good time. Wish I could have made it up there. Maybe next time.
                        Marc D.

Comment

There are a few of us going up 11-19-2005 to Strawberry, how tight a fit will it be for a fullsize BKO I don't mind a little damage but my bros is a little prettier??

Comment

Originally posted by Fullsize
                            There are a few of us going up 11-19-2005 to Strawberry, how tight a fit will it be for a fullsize BKO I don't mind a little damage but my bros is a little prettier??

It was very tight at V rock because someone had moved the uphill rock into the trail, almost completely blocking the trail. But after the last rig went through we moved some rocks to make it more passible. Half our group went back down the trail from the top and am sure seated in those rocks more, so V rock shouldn't be that bad.

The only real problem might be right afer V rock. The trail used to go down a bit around some trees and back up hill to join the main trail. That bypass is no longer and is blocked off in a couple different places with a few trees we fell one being about 30 feet high and winched across the trail, along with another big boulder we winched to block the other end of the bypass. The trail now leads uphill after V rock past a large car sized boulder on the downhill side. You might want to bring a shovel and dig out the uphill side a bit as it pushes the side of your rig into the big boulder right at door height. We weren't going to tackle digging it out this trip since its so late in the year and will hold off until next spring.

It would make it tough for a full width rig as I am 76" from outside tire to outside tire and just barely got through. If I couldn't do that my other choice was to go over that boulder with my right side. All the TJ's were scraping their rear tires and rims on that rock to squeeze by. Guess I got a better line and didn't scrape. Hope some of that info helps.

Comment

Cool, I make sure to bring a couple of shovels just in case. There will be a few of us going so hopefully with a little work and good spotting we will be ok. I know kwspony is going there is a jeep and myself going for sure everyone else is not 100% for sure yet. Anyone that wants to go is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X