I ran the Rubicon finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ran the Rubicon finally

Well I finally ran the Rubicon last weekend. I met up with a group of Christian wheelers I know. Left Loon at 10am, got my first rocker dent at 10:15 at the gate keeper. Got the other rocker on Walker hill. Made it to Buck Island around 3pm. Did some fishing and came up empty. Watched some rigs get broken at little sluice. Watched a 2002 Taco break his rear pinion next to our camp. Someone was pulling him back to Loon and pulled his front diff in to a rock and pushed his drive shaft out the back of his Tcase. We JB welded his case, shortened his front shaft and left Buck around 3pm sunday night pulling his 1 wheel drive taco out the Tahoe side. Made it to the staging area at 2am monday morning. Cadillac Hill was alittle scary at night but I made it without breaking anything. Just bent rockers, tie rod and a bent front bumper. All in all it was a great time.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

That sounds awesome. That trail is most definitely on my "to do" list once I get my rig on the road. Sorry to hear about your rockers though. I guess you will be installing some rock skies?? Poor Taco, ouch!

And now you know I had to do this........

Comment

Here's a link to some pics.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shawna...53as,1%253af,0
      1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Good job Karl, same carnage as my first run through, then I went tie rod over and cut the rockers off

Glad you had fun even tho' you didnt get any fish...
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Sounds like a good time.

Someday...maybe we can get more than a couple of us at a time together on a trail.

Comment

Sweet. How was the weather? I definitely will not be out this year. Too much to do to the EB..I can go out, but it will be with a stock tcase...well, maybe I'll make it out...
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

The Con and Bronco Safari in Moab is at the top of my list for when I get it all done and start the yearly trips down south.... Hope y'all will join me for the body carnage!

Comment

Weather was great. not too hot or cold. Except for my Edelbrock carb, the bronco performed great. I do wish I had 35" tires. 33's are kind of small for the con these days. I guess Fordyce is next

Comment

Sound's like it was fun. My first trip was on 31's. Had a blast. Had rocker protection, but the tie rod ended up looking like a bannana. Haven't run the entire trail since then, but walked right through the keeper with the 35's. shortly after I pu them on.

Now to get the 4:88's and ARB in the front
                  71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
                  nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

Working...
                  X