Eagle Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle Lake

Well, my fiancee and I made a trip up to Eagle lake Sunday in her O5 Escape, and I would recommend it to others. The trail has some obsticals, and the worst one (Pumpkin Hill) has a bypass. It is only about 2 miles from the staging area, and that is about 40 miles up I 80 from Auburn. It is a nice place, but don't go without the bug spray. Lots of mosqitos, and deer flys. I figure if the Escape made it, anyone on the list with a running bronco should be able to make it. Trail was wide, so you wouldn't even have to worry about paint.
    Oh yeah, don't forget the camera like we did. It is very beautiful up there.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

I haven't been in to eagle lakes in the summer. we went last winter and had a blast in the snow. we are doing a poker run on the 23rd from cisco grove, over signal peak and down to eagle lakes. you want to go?
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

We were just there this passed weekend. Ran pumkin hill then to the water crossing
      The only mishap came leaving lookout point. Trying to cross a 40' span of snow over the road sent me sliding sideways down the hill about 30' into a tree. We trenched the snow for a second rig and he ended up doing a 1 1/2 barrel roll stopping 5' from my rig. After 2 hours of winching we were back on the road and ready to go.
      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

correction, signal peak not lookout
        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

here's two pics
          Attached Files
          70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Can anyone post maps of these trails or recomend a good trail book for trails of Nor Cal??
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

there is a book at foothill fourwheel drive that has alot of this trails
              70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

crazy...
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Holy cow! I hope that everyone was okay!? I guess this goes to show, you never know when you might be glad that you spent a little extra money on that roll cage.

Comment

Yup, you are the group that we were following. Chatted with a couple of the guys, one in a cruiser, and the other in a black jeep. I watch the red bronco doing Pumkin hill. Looked fun, but I just couldn't convince my fiancee to let me try it in her 05 Escape.
                    As to books, I have been using one called "High Sierra SUV Trails" Volume II The western slopes, by Roger Mitchell. Pretty good description of trails, and a wide variety to choose from. I think there are about 40 in this book.
                    Marc D.

Comment

Did you get the book here in town or order it?
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I just asked Christie, and she said that she got it in Grass Valley. I'm pretty sure that I have seen it at Central 4 Wheel Drive, and I would check Barnes and Noble, or the other big places. Hope that helps.
                        Marc D.

Comment

Working...
                        X