Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• central Nevada 2003 trip

trying to attach pics again.

System still thinks I've exceeded my attachment quota.
    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
    I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Originally posted by Lars
    trying to attach pics again.

System still thinks I've exceeded my attachment quota.
    Pour little Lars.
    Have you PM'ed Delta to see if he can fix your problem. I'm pretty sure I have posted more pics than you have. Hopefully someone can get it straightened out before too long.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
      Pour little Lars.
      Have you PM'ed Delta to see if he can fix your problem. I'm pretty sure I have posted more pics than you have. Hopefully someone can get it straightened out before too long.
      PM sent. It'll get fixed.

I need to get outta here. Too much work & not enuf play.

Comment

Trying again. "Pour" is right, BTW. We did, at our Friday afternoon work party.
        Attached Files

Comment

Where was that pic taken? Cool place...
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

X 2 on that. Very nice.
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Looks like Nevada. Possibly a long road trip during the summer?
              Marc D.

Comment

Bfe

Belmont, Nevada, October, 2003.

One of my favorite uses for my Bronco- long road trips into the middle of nowhere. Actually 4 days/4 nights for that one. There's a lot of interesting country in the next state over. We didn't look for much in the way of hard core wheeling, in fact it's mostly dirt roads. Pretty isolated though. If you break down you could be waiting a long time till someone else comes along. Great fishing too (seriously), though we didn't do any on that trip.

A few more...
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesome pics Lars...thanks for sharing. I love trips like that as well. I did the trip to Panamint Valley, Surprise Canyon, through Balerat and into death valley. A ton of old mines, equipment and old trucks everywhere. What a cool thing to see...
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Those are awesome pics. I bet you didn't bank on a discussion of road trips from a picture in a test forum....

Last year I took a trip through Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. There was a ton of high desert scenery like that, that gave way to dense forest then high plains. In Idaho I drove over 50 miles on a single-track dirt road, across a 9000+ foot pass (with a about a foot of snow, in September), and saw some cool old mining towns (bigger and better preserved than Bodie IMHO) and generally cool stuff along the way. Idaho has the clearest mountain lakes I've ever seen. Then in Montana I took another 60+ mile off-road scenic bypass, from the town of Dillon all the way to Yellowstone. Finally I got to do more minor 4-wheeling near the Grand Tetons. I would have done more if I was in a more capable vehicle but the Chevy Tahoe we took did quite well. Was a little questionable in a few spots but nothing too extreme.

Long story short... if you've got the time there are very cool places to see if you venture a little farther north. I have heard from other people that there are lots of places to check out in central Nevada as well, so that is also on my list. I can't wait to get my Bronco going...

Please excuse the hijack!
                    Tony
                    Attached Files
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

central Nevada 2003 trip

So as not to continue hijacking the Dusy-Ershim thread, here's a new one.

I made a crude route map using Google Maps, of the trip I took in my Bronco through central Nevada in 2003. I added a few highlight callouts. I'm going to try to add more once I look through my old travel notes. I need to move the pics from the test forum to this thread. Lots of interesting places to go in Nevada. I've made some others besides this one if anyone's interested.

Comment

This is the wrong forum for this, but whattheheck...

I'm a travelin' fool. My parents started hauling me and my brother all over the United States & Canada when I was a little kid, always camping the whole way. Sometimes for 6 weeks at a time. Acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. My wife has photo albums of our trips going back 29 years. Including Idaho, Montana, etc. We are truly fortunate to live in such a great country.

One of the other boards I frequent, www.advrider.com, has a forum devoted to travel threads with pics. I suppose we'd quickly exceed this board's storage capacity if we all posted; maybe there's a way around that, because it sure would be nice to put up trip pics like this.

Comment

Thanks Lars.
                          Marc D.

Comment

nevada info

For my various Nevada trips I used:
                            Moon Nevada guide: http://www.moon.com/catalog2/nevada.html
                            De Lorme's Nevada Atlas & Gazeteer
                            USFS maps of Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest
                            USFS Humboldt-Toiyabe website, http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/htnf/
                            And, believe it or not, the Nevada Angler's Guide by Richard Dickerson. I'd tell you where the good fishing holes are, but then I'd have to kill you

Comment

Cool, Thanks for the maps Lars. Do you know if this is where they do a Mustangs and wildflowers run ( Winecountryrockcrawler puts it on each year) I really want to take my daughter since she loves horses and the scenery looks great.
                              Thanks, Chuck
                              72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                              1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Working...
                              X