Rubicon Trip Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon Trip Pics

Had a great time on the Rubicon this past weekend. LagoX4 went with me. So we had 2 Broncos, a CJ, a TJ, a Jeep Commando and a near stock Toyota Tacoma.
    Camped at Buck Island, had some good food, some good drink, and an overall great time.
    I took my kid fishing for the first time, she caught her first lizard, had marshmellows by the campfire, and she loved to sit and watch all the rigs roll by.
    We need to work on a date for that 4 day trip in the late summer. I'm in as long as it is NOT the weekends of Aug 13,14 and Sep 9,10,11. The last part of Aug would be good.
    But I would definitly like to go again this summer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike C; 06-27-2005, 07:07 PM.

Looks like a good time!!!
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Priceless pics of the kids!!

Damn I wish I was there...

Glad you guys had a great time. the con looks great...
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Wooooo Hoooooo!!! Man...that looks like a great time. What a great weekend of family, fun and wheeling. Rig looks awesome too.

Comment

it looked like you guys had fun... i wish i went in with you... i was up there sunday fishing and saw a few other broncos up there
          70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Looks like the taco took a good beatn' Wish I could have gone. I was in the hills though. I was in Truckee doing some SAR training. I have to try and make the next one.
            70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

looks like a blast! I really need to get my buggy done before summer is over. I will be ordering the full hydro this week and maybe that will get my but in gear.
              Kevin
              71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Looks like a great time. Did you or Randy get any new dents?
                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I added a few new dents too include a bent tie rod (I'm adding the tie rod/knuckle over mod to my growing list of upgrades) but nothing serious. My rock ski's and dif. skid plates were worth every penny!
                  72 Sport

Comment

Great pics. How's old is your girl? I have two, a 3yr old and a 6. If you can make that trip happen before school starts I'd be in.
                    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony
                      Looks like a great time. Did you or Randy get any new dents?

A couple new scraps. And both gas caps were damaged. But the rocker and quarter-panel protection and bumpers did their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                        Great pics. How's old is your girl? I have two, a 3yr old and a 6. If you can make that trip happen before school starts I'd be in.
                        Mike

My daughter is 4. I was really happy she had such a great time. I had to call my Dad and ask him if I had that much fun when he took us as kids.

But I do plan on going again. Hopefully a couple more times this summer.

There has been talk on here about a four day trip in late summer. We just need to get off our butts and plan it and pick a date.

Comment

Here are a few more shots of the trip...too include Mike's mishap with his gas cap.
                          Attached Files
                          72 Sport

Comment

Working...
                          X