Where are the Hollister Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the Hollister Pics!

I know someone on here went yesterday, I'm not patient, I need to see some pics now!

No trail pics, but the roll cage works!

Well, I was there yesterday but did not get to take any pics. But I did get to test the rollcage and the new tie-ins that Sillyneck fabbed. Happy to report they all work. Can't believe I rolled it at Hollister but just goes to show that it can happen anywhere. Here are some pics of the damage. Other than the fenders, the top was pretty tore up and the windshield cracked (anyone know a decent windshield place in the East Bay?) I'll see if the CalBronco guys on the YahooGroups board got any trail pics.

rich
    '72 Bronco (road worthy trail rig)
    '66 EB, mostly stock (sold )
    "Semper Paratus"

Comment

Where did you roll at Hollister? Sorry to see those pics, but glad the roll cage worked well!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesenip73
        Where did you roll at Hollister? ...
        Actually could not even tell you what trail it was. I got there late and just jumped in a the rear of the pack and followed them up. It was a pretty tight gully surrounded by trees.

We had stopped where 2 trails crossed and I had parked across one fo the trails on the edge of the hill I'd just climbed. When we started moving again I was trying to do "3-point" type turn to get facing up the trail again and my right rear tire dropped off the hill and into a "hole" and lifted the left front. Sat there teetering for a second and I'm guessing I tapped the brakes at just the wrong moment and rocked her back enough to send me over. Did a 3 quarter roll and ended up on the drivers side in the gully.

Checked for injuries and leaks and found a small gash on my head and my daughter scraped some knuckles but otherwise unharmed. Head cuts sure do bleed a lot though . Winched her back on her wheels and headed down the trail. Would have kept going but did not want to push my luck with the kids with me.
        rich
        "Semper Paratus"

Comment

Dang that sucks. I am very happy that you and the kids are alright. Those gullies in the Hollister hills are famous for getting you on your side real quick. Last year there were at least 4 of us that ended up on our sides. Well, now it's a "real" rig eh'?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
            ... now it's a "real" rig eh'?
            Yeah I guess so. Kind of in a quandry at the moment on whether I replace and/or repair the fenders or just hammer them out and roll on. Wife hates the truck already and the worse it looks in the driveway the more she dislikes it, hmm? Thoughts anyone?
            rich
            "Semper Paratus"

Comment

Holy sh!t.... glad the cage works.... glad everyone is ok.
              84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

I would like to see the cage tie-ins if you have your camera handy...

Comment

Originally posted by House
                  I would like to see the cage tie-ins if you have your camera handy...
                  Have some taken, but at home. Will post them tonight.
                  rich
                  "Semper Paratus"

Comment

before anyone critiques the style of tie in I used you need the back story.

The inside tub was all jacked up when I got the rig originally... weird plates welded here and there and some stuff was just bad. I had 2 weeks to build the whole rig so replacing the floor was not an option. I mounted stuff to existing plates and added some plating to it as well and welded it to the floor for one reason or another. So instead of trying to drill through 3/8 plates and fix the foor again I just used some desert race techniques for the tie ins. Looks really cool and is very very strong. The cage was not removable before so it didn't matter if it was removable after I was done
                    84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

Remove-able cages are overrated.
                      I will remove mine when its bent up and trash it, and make another.
                      I did not go the BBQ or hollister. It was raining so I figured everyone would be a flake like me
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I was at the wheel all day never got to shoot more thasn one picture for my avatar

Last edited by RandyatBBY; 04-16-2007, 02:29 PM.
                        1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Did have more time on saturday to get some shots at the picnick

[IMG]
                          http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/2055/centerpp2.jpg[/IMG]

1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn
                            Remove-able cages are overrated.
                            I will remove mine when its bent up and trash it, and make another.
                            I did not go the BBQ or hollister. It was raining so I figured everyone would be a flake like me

You missed out Mark. Should have gone. There were probably fifty people that graced the BBQ, and 20 or so broncos that made the wet trip. It was a blast as always, and besides Rich's little incident, it was an awesome day at Hollister. I will try to get my pics up here soon.
                            Marc D.
                            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Must say I had a great time yesterday wheeling with a large group of broncos. It was cool to look back and see 10 plus rigs following me up the trails. Very cool indeed. I did get a bunch of good pics and I know the suspense is killing some of you so I will post them up as soon as I can.
                              Howard
                              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]70 bronco 60 front, Sterling 10.25 rear, 347 injected, C-4, atlas3.8, and 41 inch IROKS.

Comment

Working...
                              X