Next Trip???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Trip???

I've been posting off and on here...met some guys on the trail and over the years, but I am seriously bad when it comes to remembering names/faces. Might be the ADD thing...I don't remember... I know this, I'd like to hit the trail and get to know more of the guys on this forum. I don't have a specific date to throw out right now. Maybe the 4-14 or the following weekend. I think I have the bugs worked out following my 60/14 axle swap so I'm itchin to go. I'll have my wife and 4 year old daughter with me...kind of a family thing. Where to go...hmmm...Uncle Toms...Rubicon? I'd like to try something new to me. Interested?
    Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

How about a trip to Moab May 5th to the 12th?

Comment

Can you write me a check payable to cash for 1200.00....I'll be there.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

How about $12.00?

Comment

There's the Molina Ghost run next weekend, 13-15 Apr. I was thinking of going with the family but my wife has other plans for Sunday.

http://www.cal4wheel.com/molina/molinareg2007.html

I may try and camp Friday night to make the run on Saturday but I don't know all the details and the website doesn't have a schedule. Anyone else going or have any further details on this run?
          rich
          '72 Bronco (road worthy trail rig)
          '66 EB, mostly stock (sold )
          "Semper Paratus"

Comment

I love to do family runs.. But i am going to tear my stuff down this weekend to do some upgrades.

Front axle:
            TRO.. New Longer Radius arms..

Aaron
            Attached Files
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Personally I try to stay away from organized runs. Not that they aren't great for families and such...I've done them in the past...sierra trek etc, but I'm looking for a smaller group that might want to play in the snow, have a lunch on the hill and roll back home in time for kids to bed...lady lovin time. Can you think of a better way to end the day?

PS...Crawlin68...how about we meet in the middle. Say 500.00 and I'll start packing right now. Seriously, I'd love to get out to Moab...was there for the 2003 or 02 not sure jamboree. Ran Lower Helldorado, Pritchet Canyon, and Lyon's back. Great time...

My tow rig...Ford 460 gets 7.5 MPG...

Marlon
              Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 04-06-2007, 05:27 PM.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Notpretty,

I'd actually prefer a more informal run myself. Just haven't been able to make any of the recent ones. I'm even free next Saturday. Where might you want to go? I up near SF but am willing to travel a bit. Only places I've been are Hollister and Prairie City.

If we could get a quick one day run in this Saturday that'd be great!
                rich
                "Semper Paratus"

Comment

i'm up for a run ... we could go check out hell hole? for the trout opener
                  70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

How hard is Hell Hole? I have heard about it but have never gone... Any Maps or info on it?

What other one day sierra runs are there?
                    Thanks
                    Aaron
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I'd like to go Hell Hole too. Its not too bad...if the snow has melted enough...which it might not have yet. Anyone know if they gate it in winter? I don't know but should.

How about we set the meeting place in Georgetown...roll up and try to go to Hell Hole, but if the snow is too deep we can always roll back to Uncle Toms Cabin. I sort of know the owner that runs the bar too. Anyone wanting to rent a cabin and stay the night might be able to. They are 30.00 - 50.00 (Very basic cabin) or so this time of year. I can call Doug...the owner...and see if he has some available. He wants the business too. Slow right now.

[B]Details...

Target weekend April 21st (Moved from the 14th)
                      Meet Georgetown 10:30AM
                      Wheel til whenever
                      Eat Lunch out on the trail...pack one (Weather Pending)
                      Have a Beer or two at Uncle Toms
                      Relax and head out whenever
                      OR...stay the night if you are so inclined.
                      All this is Weather Pending.

People interested:
                      Me
                      MTNbronco

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Add me to the People Interested list: Rich (rich9469)

I should be free that day. Where exactly is the place? As I'm down near SF and will have to add travel time to the day.

Thanks,
                        rich
                        "Semper Paratus"

Comment

Georgetown CA is the historic starting point of the Rubicon Trail. It is the initial rally point for the Jeepers Jamboree and the starting point for the trail in the 1920s- 30s. It is located between hwy 50 and hey 80 off Wentworth Springs Road. It intersects with Hwy 193 at Gtown on Wentworth Springs Road. Uncle Toms is part of that historic route...dating back to the 1860's. G-town is a historic town with some good food, gas and basic services before heading up the hill. Population is probably 3-5K including surrounding area.

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=...8.905996&mag=8

I'd recommend going to Placerville and then taking 193 to georgetown. A bit slower, but only by minutes and simpler.

Marlon
                          Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 04-07-2007, 05:50 PM.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

I might be up for a run, if I can clear some time
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I would be up for it assuming I have the bronco back by then, we were up that way last weekend. The snow is melting pretty fast by the middle of the day it was pretty slushy.

Comment

Working...
                              X