Rubicon june 11-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon june 11-12

Well we went up there sat. morning from my brothers house is sac.
    The trail was real wet and muddy and we did our best to tread lightly. I was surprised ellis creek was flowing so much as I had never seen it as high ever. Walker had a stream going down it to along with little sluice. I tried soupbowl and soup kitchen getting denied every time, mostly due to my tires not hooking up one bit. We went to sluice and help a guy reseat his bead in the box and the n I took my run at it......breaking a piece os shit milemarker hub on the first rock. Ended up taking the hub off and short side axle because I could tell if the hub broke or not. I end up putting in the good ol oem spicer hub and going to camp. Woke up and went back out somewhere during the weekend I turned my rear springs into W'sl, probabally soupbowl with one of the full on third gear fustration attempts.
    Attached Files
    70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Nice pics sorry to hear about the carnage. Do you think an axle wrap bar would have prevented the "w" in the rear springs. Only asking because I am attempting to build one hoping it will prevent that from happening. Thanks FM
    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
    1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

OOOHHHHHH that looks Nice!!!! I cant wait to get up there.. On your shakle flip did you use F150 or F250 springs? I have heard F250 springs will help prevent the axle wrap. Just an idea..

Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I have a fairly beefy anti-wrap bar. I think the springs just suck when flexed.
        Now these are 2.5" wide springs I think the 3" wide ones would be stronger.

As for the 150 vs. 250 springs I have found that they are the exact same leaf pack, but with the 250 having bolt on overload springs added.
        70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

TACO SPRING....nice. been there done that! Sweet pics. Wish I was there...
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
          X