Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slick Rock with new gnarly spot at Lake Alpine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slick Rock with new gnarly spot at Lake Alpine?

One of our wheeling every weekend guys here just reported Slick Rock a trail up by lake Alpine has been rerouted and now has some pretty gnarly crawling near the lake Alpine side. I guess someone bought property we used to drive through and didn't want people going through anymore. This is a trail we liked to take rookies on so they could get a taste of rock crawling. Just a heads up for anyone heading up there. I have not done the trail this year so I don't know but figured I would pass this along. Anyone else been there lately?

Jim
    www.wildhorses4x4.com

Re: Slick Rock with new gnarly spot at Lake Alpine?

Just went last month with a group of varying capabilities... After waiting for the group of hacks ahead of us to get through, it took about 2 hours to get all of our group up the obstacle. We were coming from the Utica side so we were going up the obstacle. Big boulders and many you can't really bypass. It should have a bypass but not much room for it! My .02
    1973 5.5" lift, 35's 302, c-4

Comment

Re: Slick Rock with new gnarly spot at Lake Alpine?

It’s not too bad, I took some 4 door rubicon JK’s through it. (I was in my cream puff of a TJ and didn’t want to hurt it, so I watched)
      I would say 35” tires are about the minimum.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
      X