Coyote Lake this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote Lake this weekend

I am going to be running up to Coyote Lake this coming weekend if anyone wants to go. I'll be going in on Friday after work and then back out on Sunday. This is one of my favorite trails and lakes! All are welcome!

Re: Coyote Lake this weekend

Dammit. I am already double booked on Saturday with personal commitments. Coyote Lake is one of my favorite places, too.
    I need to live closer to trails, plain and simple. If I did not have a 4 hour drive I would at least be doing day trips.

Anybody want to buy my bronco? it runs Coyote Lake like a champ now that it has EFI
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Me and Tiewire will be at Coyote Lake this weekend too. We are heading up early Friday morning. See you up there.
      1969 Ford Bronco: 90 EFI 5.0HO, NP435/NP203/D20, 4.11s, D44 w/Spartan Locker, 9" w/Detroit Locker, Lift: 3.5" Suspension, 3" body and 35" tires. Hydroboost, York On-Board Air.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical69 View Post
        Me and Tiewire will be at Coyote Lake this weekend too. We are heading up early Friday morning. See you up there.
        Awesome. I'll be heading in right after work on Friday. I'm hoping to get there before dark. If you guys are going in Friday morning, would you do me a favor and throw out chairs or something to save me a spot by the lake?

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
          Dammit. I am already double booked on Saturday with personal commitments. Coyote Lake is one of my favorite places, too.
          I need to live closer to trails, plain and simple. If I did not have a 4 hour drive I would at least be doing day trips.

Anybody want to buy my bronco? it runs Coyote Lake like a champ now that it has EFI
          I will be going in again this summer for sure. I'll give you a little more warning the next time. This time was kind of last minute decision.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            I will be going in again this summer for sure. I'll give you a little more warning the next time. This time was kind of last minute decision.
            Awesome.
            I'm taking my bronco to Oregon in August, then I'm going to Europe for three weeks. Hoping for a Sierra trip of some kind before it gets cold. Been way too long!
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Let me know next time. Im in 100% for the next trip
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Anyone heard from Crawlin68 or Tiewire? I haven't heard from (nor can get in contact with) either and its pretty late to be heading back.
                1969 Ford Bronco: 90 EFI 5.0HO, NP435/NP203/D20, 4.11s, D44 w/Spartan Locker, 9" w/Detroit Locker, Lift: 3.5" Suspension, 3" body and 35" tires. Hydroboost, York On-Board Air.

Comment

Nevermind, all is good. David just got home. Sounds like everyone had an issue and made for a long day.

Comment

Where's the pics?

Comment

Yeah, it was a long day comin out yesterday. I had radiator hose that split. I used some tape to patch it up two different times. David bent two aluminum rims so bad the tire popped off the bead both times. The second time he just beat it back into what resembled a round shape good enough to re-inflate the tire. Then we ran into a Toyota with a broken fan belt. He didn't really know what to do, so David and I overlapped the belt at the break and stitched it back together with some tie wire, then wrapped it in duct tape. Worked like charm!

Anyway, I'll post some pictures tonight when I get home. All in all it was a great trip!

Comment

Here are some pics that I took over the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3814.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	275702Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3841.JPG
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	275712Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3839.JPG
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	275711Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3838.JPG
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	275710Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3835.JPG
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	275709Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3831.JPG
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	275708Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3830.JPG
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	275707Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3824.JPG
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	275706Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3821.JPG
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	275705Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3819.JPG
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	275704Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3816.JPG
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	275703Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3842.JPG
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	275713

Comment

Sounds like an eventful trip, but looking at those pictures of the lake it reminds me of the part I miss about 4-wheeling. I have always been more about the destination on 4x4 trips... reminds me of my backpacking adventures as a kid. The driving can be fun, but the peaceful serenity up there is what I am after. Thanks for sharing.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

I would like to make it for the next trip, let me know. Patrick I saw you heading down from shaver on Sunday evening. I usually work weekends but with enough advance I can probably get a weekend off.
                            66, 351W FITECH, NP435, D20, D44, CURRIE 9", ARB, 4.5 WH, 2" bl, 37,'s

Comment

Damn that rim is bent. Patrick, how do you like wheeling the full size vs your old one?
                              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Working...
                              X