EB's on the Dusey Ershim Trail 8/6-9/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB's on the Dusey Ershim Trail 8/6-9/2015

Dusy Ershim trail has long been talked about and now is the time for our horses to stop horsing around and do the D. We will start trail on the 6th of august at courtright resevior at 10 am. You can camp there wednesday night or drive up early thursday morning to make the departure time. Last fuel is in shaver lake to top off. I made it through with 25 gal with carbed 351w. Fishing, fixing, replacing, charging, welding, and good times will be made im sure!

It's been said that the Duce is like a middle weight fighter. It won't knock you out but it is relentless and will exploit your weaknesses. At 33 miles in remote wilderness with little traffic you will need to carry whatever you think you might need, then some.

Check this full size blazer going through... It's started as a nice straight rig.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YerJVWf8qoE
    Last edited by Cheesenip73; 03-02-2015, 12:35 PM. Reason: additions

Re: EB's on the "D" 8/6-9/2015

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
    There ALOT of "tree squeezes" on this trail too. I'd say at least 30 of these along the trail. It is a very tight trail between the rocks and trees, I would NOT take a full size rig on this trail unless you want to beat up every fender and quarter panel!
    Oh Patrick! found this quote by you from our 2009 trip through the trail. You still coming right? Better.

Comment

So the video tells me that the FERD can make it.

After the move, the FERD is gonna go north for some axle over-haul and a flat bed.
      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Ive taken a fullsize bronco through a few times, but its a tighter with a 70's ford. IIRC, those are about 4 inches wider. And that was several years ago. Im guessing the trees have grown.

Comment

Well I wont be any wider than Pats 79 FSB. I'm probably gonna hold off on the paint job till next winter though.
          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

This is going to be fun! Bringing the gopro for sure!

Comment

Whoo Hoo! The 79 will be going this year! We'll see what it looks like at the end of the trail.

Comment

Re: EB's on the Dusey Ershim Trail 8/6-9/2015

I got the time off work and this date is rapidly approaching. I guess I had better get back to work on the Bronco to get it put together! Who else is planning on going on this trip with us?

Comment

can't watch vid...says it contains content from UMG who has blocked it in your country...wierd

Comment

That is weird, I can watch it just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrillHouse View Post
                      can't watch vid...says it contains content from UMG who has blocked it in your country...wierd
                      Same here.
                      73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Working...
                      X