Pismo 10/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pismo 10/10

Heading to Pismo either after work on Thursday or Friday morning.
    Bring or rent something and come have some fun!
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Re: Pismo 10/10

Man, I have not been to the SLO/Pismo area in a long time. I am getting "homesick" for my old stomping grounds - was a SLO resident in the late 90s.

What is the plan? Camping on the beach, in a designated campground, or what? I love just driving up and down the beach checking out all the toys people bring. Quad rentals are pretty expensive but an hour or two on one is so much fun. I kind of hate driving a 4x4 on the actual dune areas... bikes/quads way more fun (and way easier to get unstuck).

Let me know.. I have another potential trip in the works for October but Pismo sounds like fun.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

I think the group is up to 20 people, we just camp on the beach (some people are using the RV service to rent an rv and have it dropped off at camp.
      I've not picked what I'm bringing but I'm happy to put my stupid wide sand tires on.
      I'll probably bring a dirt bike too, but I suck at riding so I just putt around.

It's been a long time for me as well to go to Pismo / SLO, I figure one night I'll head to town for pizza and a few beers at the bar, half the fun of Pismo is driving to town with 4-5 PSI in your tires.
      Mark Harris

Comment

I might be down for that. You'd have to save a spot in the group for my long turd of a trailer though.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
          I might be down for that. You'd have to save a spot in the group for my long turd of a trailer though.
          I camp with fancy people like you, they have 36'+ RV's with. 20' trailer. We can find a spot.
          Mark Harris

Comment

It's long, but it sure ain't fancy!
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
            X