Coyote Lake before summer's end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote Lake before summer's end

Some know, but we've been taking a "last trip of the summer" trip for a few years now. Last year didn't pan out but there has been talking about heading up this year before the kids go back to school. It's typically been an all guy trip and our sons... with exception of Tony's date, Ryan but we seem be open to wives and gf if that's what gets people up there.

is there water in the lake? I know Huntington is basically empty but don't know about coyote.

Who's in? Head up Friday early, back Sunday....date tbd

Getting the trip in before summer's over may not be possible so I'm up for September as well.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: Coyote Lake before summer's end

I'd love to go. Would like to head down Thursday night if possible... camp around the trailhead or crash somewhere closer than Livermore. Driving all that way then running the trail makes for a long long day. Toss some dates out. I'm easy. And that is what she said.

EDIT with my availability.

Cannot go this weekend July 26-27 (way short notice anyway).
    Cannot go the weekend of Aug 22-24
    Cannot go Labor Day weekend Aug 29-31
    Cannot go the weekend of Sept 5-7

I am pretty open otherwise but would like to get this scheduled so as to not double book and flake out like I've been known to do.

Last edited by CityHick; 07-23-2014, 10:55 AM.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

I want to go. I have a few bugs to work out and some tires. Sept would be good.
      I'm about an hour from the trailhead.

Comment

I'm busy the weekend Sept 5-7 but Mid to late Sept I could be interested in getting one last run in.

I usually do the Thursday night to red lake, or at least sand flats, and Friday morning to Coyote, get the long tedious stuff out of the way...

When David and I went in earlier this year, Coyote and Red had plenty of water, looked as full as they did last year.
        1969 Ford Bronco: 90 EFI 5.0HO, NP435/NP203/D20, 4.11s, D44 w/Spartan Locker, 9" w/Detroit Locker, Lift: 3.5" Suspension, 3" body and 35" tires. Hydroboost, York On-Board Air.

Comment

How about Sept 12th. That will give me time to put in a new aux. tank

Comment

Is this idea still alive? Seems as though this is getting pushed later into September. Weekends of September 20-21 or 27-28 are still free for me but other plans keep popping up. Would love to get up there, weather permitting. That late in September is a crapshoot.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
              Is this idea still alive? Seems as though this is getting pushed later into September. Weekends of September 20-21 or 27-28 are still free for me but other plans keep popping up. Would love to get up there, weather permitting. That late in September is a crapshoot.
              I'll go with you. I'm just and hour from the trailhead. Let's try to get a few for the 20th.
              I went to WH today and picked up some rock skis!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
                I'll go with you. I'm just and hour from the trailhead. Let's try to get a few for the 20th.
                I went to WH today and picked up some rock skis!!!
                I'll put it on the calendar. Would really like for some of the usual suspects to join us too, it is always a good time. We usually put together quite the random playlist of music and spend a day of downtime... in on Friday out on Sunday kind of thing. September is shaping up to be a busy month... I may not be home any weekend that whole month!
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

I have a broken rear spring mount bracket that needs welding, but the rest of the rig seems ready. I'd love to get my two boys fishing. We need Mr. Marshall and Stover to go too.
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I think the Highlander can make it into Red Lake. Me and the boy might hike in from there
                    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I was thinking this was trying to be a go for Oct. I definitely can't hike it in sept, I'm only 1 week post-op on my shoulder so a pack is probably a no go.

Comment

I will be headed up to Coyote on the 12-14th with my dad and his friends to show them how its done (Sami and 2 jeeps), so we could meet up if anyone wanted to go that weekend. I'm not sure if can do two weekends in a row so I may be out for the 20th
                        1969 Ford Bronco: 90 EFI 5.0HO, NP435/NP203/D20, 4.11s, D44 w/Spartan Locker, 9" w/Detroit Locker, Lift: 3.5" Suspension, 3" body and 35" tires. Hydroboost, York On-Board Air.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                          I was thinking this was trying to be a go for Oct. I definitely can't hike it in sept, I'm only 1 week post-op on my shoulder so a pack is probably a no go.
                          I only have 2 seats but would have room for all you would be carrying. That's if the timing is right and we all can meet at least at Red.

I've got an itch to go somewhere since it's been about 10 years. I may follow Brad in the weekend before if this doesn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
                            I only have 2 seats but would have room for all you would be carrying. That's if the timing is right and we all can meet at least at Red lake
                            t.
                            Might take you up on that if you don't mind, from what I remember it shouldn't be that long of a walk from Red Lake. I'll get in contact with you as plans become more concrete and we get closer to the date.

Comment

I am in for this trip on the weekend of the 20th and 21st. It will be me and my two boys (ages 5 and 7). Who else is in?

Comment

Working...
                              X