Rubicon May 17-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rubicon May 17-18

I have mixed feelings about what they are doing to the trail. I want to see it stay open and I realize that a lot of the changes were made to appease those who wish to close it, but with it being one of the few trails we even still have anymore, its a bummer to see it be made into something less than what it was. Sounds like you had a good time - any pictures?
    I am looking forward to going back next month after a year off from wheeling. Perhaps this will reignite my interest... its depressing to see what's happening to 4-wheeling overall in California.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

what did they do at ellis aside from the bridge?

Comment

Damn, I could have used a few bronco buddies out there this weekend. I snapped my cv joint for the rear and didn't have a spare. Got towed out in 2wd by my buddy all the way from Buck Island. That was a long day.

Comment

what did they do at ellis aside from the bridge?
          They blocked it off with trees so you can't drive in anymore. There was one opening because I know there is a road back there but I bet you have to park on the trail and walk in to camp. I thought it was a good place to have a big group camp.

Comment

is the road out still accessible or is that blocked off too

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
              is the road out still accessible or is that blocked off too
              Been gated for awhile now, thats how they get the big equipment in/out...
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
              X