Eagle Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle Lake

We're planning a trip to eagle lake May 21st thru Cisco. Does anyone have lattest info of accessibility due to snow depth or trees blocking the trail?
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

I'm thinkn too much snow.. and just plain too cold to camp.. late in the summer looks better..
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

What do you mean too cold to camp? However, If you do decide to go that route, you better bring a chain saw and lots of helpers. That early in the season you will run across a lot of down trees and snow drifts. You might have to go in the low road and even then you have to concern your self with the water crossing. They will be very deep. You could wait a week and come up to the Con with the rest of us!
      70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Rubicon was our second option,but thats out too. Just saw some picts of gatekeeper and the road before the second dam,waay to much snow.Even for MDW the snow level will be too high. Still looking for alt.,Cow Mountain? Thanks for the feedback anyways.
        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler
          Rubicon was our second option,but thats out too. Just saw some picts of gatekeeper and the road before the second dam,waay to much snow.Even for MDW the snow level will be too high. Still looking for alt.,Cow Mountain? Thanks for the feedback anyways.
          Where is Cow Moutain???
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Up north off 101 by Ukiah. Haven't been there in about 10 years but have heard there has been more areas or obsticles built for wheeling. Closed when it's rained and some good motorcycle trails

Comment

Did anyone make it to eagle lakes?
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by slvregl
                What do you mean too cold to camp? However, If you do decide to go that route, you better bring a chain saw and lots of helpers. That early in the season you will run across a lot of down trees and snow drifts. You might have to go in the low road and even then you have to concern your self with the water crossing. They will be very deep. You could wait a week and come up to the Con with the rest of us!
                Too cold?? THat's what Irish Coffees are for
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Nope, we never made it there, we desided to wait a little longer for the snow and trail to dry up some.

We are actually headed out for the rubicon this weekend though.....hopefully I can make it through the sluice with out taking out a headlight and grill/fender...damn rocks jump out of the wall.
                  70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

cool. we will need pics of the EB in Sluice...
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                    X