RUBICON this summer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUBICON this summer??

Is anyone planning a trip through the rubicon this summer??? What dates?? I have not been through it,, and would like some friends (help) making it through.. I need to know to schedule time off.. the more the better!!

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Me and about 8 to 10 rigs go the Wednesday morning before Memorial day thru Tuesday after Memorial day, but we dont go through, just DRINK, camp, eat, DRINK, horseshoes, lots of BS and day wheeling trips, did I mention DRINK. Too many rigs on the trail that weekend to try to go all the way. Its the guys weekend and we have been doing this for 5 years. All good people. Your welcome to come along if you want.
    We dont have any plans yet this year to go all the way through but will let you know if it happens.

Comment

The rubicon is gonna have a lot of snow still.
      http://www.johnarenz.com/Rubicon.html
      71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Comment

That is a lot of snow... Maybe at the end of summer..
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
          That is a lot of snow... Maybe at the end of summer..

That snow will melt pretty quick once it starts warming up. My club will be running it June 20-22 and they have done it the last 3 years around then and never had a problem with snow

Comment

Our club will also be up there for Memorial Day. We stay at Airport Flats. Your Welcome to come and BS, Drink Etc...
            70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Let's plan a NorCal official trip for late Summer Early Fall. Make it a 3 or 4 day trip as far as we can get through. Maybe this way we can weed out the wussie members ....if you plan ikt...they will come.
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Sounds good to me!
                70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

let me know.. I'll try ..
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                    ... late Summer Early Fall... 3 or 4 day trip as far as we can get through.
                    2 days is a nice leisurely trip. 3-4 days would be a lot of fishing time. There shouldn't be a problem getting all the way through. If you can make it to spider, you should be good to go the rest of the way.
                    71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis
                      2 days is a nice leisurely trip. 3-4 days would be a lot of fishing time. There shouldn't be a problem getting all the way through. If you can make it to spider, you should be good to go the rest of the way.
                      No doubt...I was assuming that we will have a few marginally ready rigs to help through....that takes a lot of time...but I am game for anything...any day on the Con is a good day!!!
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I'll be one of those rigs.. I'm getting there though.. I need to learn to drive on the rocks myself.. But I cant wait to get out there..
                        KK6DAD
                        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
                          I'll be one of those rigs.. I'm getting there though.. I need to learn to drive on the rocks myself.. But I cant wait to get out there..
                          If you have 33's and a rear locker you will be fine!! If you don't have a rear locker get one. It was the best modification that I made back then. A front locker will help you as well but with more side effects (broken parts).

We'll get you through Aaron

Comment

For anyone going up this Memorial day, please don't
                            With the recent actions and watching so close of the rubicon + still Snow/water run off up there, it has been advised to wait until all of the snow melts before heading up there.
                            For Memorial day, I was going up there, but am now probally heading to Moon Rocks.
                            Mark Harris
                            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn
                              For anyone going up this Memorial day, please don't
                              With the recent actions and watching so close of the rubicon + still Snow/water run off up there, it has been advised to wait until all of the snow melts before heading up there.
                              For Memorial day, I was going up there, but am now probally heading to Moon Rocks.
                              XX2

Comment

Working...
                              X