Blad Mountain day trip gone bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blad Mountain day trip gone bad

So me and Bradical69 decided to go up to Bald Mountain this weekend to stretch the legs of our Bronco before a big trip we had planned. You know shake off the dust test a few new mods out. Well lets just say in a way were glad that we did. Because if we didn't we would have had a really long really bad weekend instead of just a bad day.

Damage to Bradical69:
    Dana 44 Axle Shaft
    Dana 44 Knuckle and Ball Joints
    Possibly bent Steering Yoke

Damage to TieWire:
    Ford 9'' Axle Shaft
    Drum Brake Assembly
    Steering Shaft from (Column to PS Box)
    Dead Battery
    Pride

It wasn't necessarily Bald Mtn that did the damage but things that were already severely comprised that final broke. I.E. my 9'' shaft was already cracked half way through and Brads 44 shaft had cracks with rust in them.

Brad got pretty creative with a "D" ring shackle to keep his ball joints seated in the knuckle. I made a peg leg to hopped out and pieced together my steering shaft
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TieWire; 06-02-2013, 02:00 PM.

Re: Blad Mountain day trip gone bad

WOW bad trip glad everyone made it home safe.
    Are/were they 28 spline shafts? Know where there my be some cheep replacements. Customer of mine did an upgrade for a guy and said to do what you want with them. Also has a power brake angle bracket too.
    Last edited by Bronco Brian; 06-02-2013, 01:52 PM.
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I'll take it if the price is right. let me know

Comment

That sucks but I guess it could've been worse. Glad everyone's ok, this is the kind of thing that makes my FJ40 buddies shake their heads and say "F*ckin Broncos"! LOL.

You might have inspired me to pull a few things apart on mine before upcoming trips I have planned... you never know what evil lurks within.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I like the clever rear ski log to get mobile again..

Comment

What a day that was! I'm just glad we only had to hobble/ski down a few miles out of the Bald trail and not something much harder. Now to figure out how to fix everything.
            1969 Ford Bronco: 90 EFI 5.0HO, NP435/NP203/D20, 4.11s, D44 w/Spartan Locker, 9" w/Detroit Locker, Lift: 3.5" Suspension, 3" body and 35" tires. Hydroboost, York On-Board Air.

Comment

Originally posted by TieWire View Post
              I'll take it if the price is right. let me know
              What year is your rig will try to get all the Info I can tomorrow. To make sure they fit, Will ship them UPS on your dime. PM me a # I can text you at.
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Holy Crap David!! I'm glad I didn't go with you! Ha Ha. You should have called me. I could have run parts to you or brought my trailer up. Glad you guys made it home.

Comment

Ingenuity at its finest!!!!!!!
                  {o===o}
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

A second trailor would have sped up the process. When we got in cell range my dad was called and pulled his trailer up there to get me first, then realized with my wheel spacers I was too wide and had to take then all off. Finally loaded it just before dark and headed down. Then came back up for Davids. We were back in Madera with Davids Brocno at 2:40 am
                    1969 Ford Bronco: 90 EFI 5.0HO, NP435/NP203/D20, 4.11s, D44 w/Spartan Locker, 9" w/Detroit Locker, Lift: 3.5" Suspension, 3" body and 35" tires. Hydroboost, York On-Board Air.

Comment

Way to out do Ryan's carnage this weekend on the con.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                        Way to out do Ryan's carnage this weekend on the con.
                        Oh man, I hope you got pictures!

Comment

Looks a lot worse than our weekend, but any breakage sucks! nice fix and glad everyone/Bronco's are back at they're stables!
                          Leave No One Behind
                          KK6AUW

Comment

Working...
                          X