FI Computer mounting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FI Computer mounting?

Im in the process of making my own. Does the computer generate much heat? Does it need to NOT cover the entire computer. Im basically bending a sheet of 16 gauge and just wondering if it needs to sit OFF the firewall and not entirely cover the computer.

Re: FI Computer mounting?

dont cover the comp completly!! needs airflow to keep from building heat. large holes in your sheet cover and rubber strips under against firewall to let air circulate and insulate from vibs is a good idea. Also somewhere DRY!!!
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Here is the one that I am using. Has worked great, 2 screws and it is tight and secure.
      Attached Files
      1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicDonkey View Post
        Here is the one that I am using. Has worked great, 2 screws and it is tight and secure.
        I have the same one. Where did you mount yours? Looking for some ideas.
        1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

High and tight above the heater box is its new location. It used to be on the drivers kick panel but low. The fuel pump relay will be right inside the glove box door.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SonicDonkey; 03-10-2012, 09:05 PM.
          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
            I have the same one. .
            Do you know the application for it? meaning what rig is it from?

Justin, Thanks for posting this.

Comment

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/...12a659-aa.html
              Last edited by 14Justice; 03-11-2012, 09:33 AM.
              1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
                Do you know the application for it? meaning what rig is it from?

Justin, Thanks for posting this.
                I got mine from a 1991 mustang, so you should be able to find one from a 1986 to 1993 mustang. The mustang computers are located at the passenger side kick panel.

Comment

I took a mustang EFI harness and extended wires to sensors then had the harness come in the firewall, over the top of the brake/cluth pedal assy, and drop down into that area where the drivers air box used to go. Mounted the ECM there so you could get to it from the top area too. Sweet spot!
                  Attached Files
                  Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
                  X