Measurement needed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measurement needed..

Need a measurement from the frame end at the front to the front axle centerline..or the front leading edge of the front body mount to the centerline of the front axle..

Thanks!

Cary
    Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Re: Measurement needed..

Hi Cary,

Did you get what you needed here? I can measure mine, but since I am running a 60 with Duff Arms, I'm not sure how much good it will do you???

If you are setting the location for the axle Centerline, then I usually just put it so that the tie rod clears the pitman arm by 1 inch.

James.

Comment

The best I can come up with is on a stock height '76 (new WH stock height springs) I eyeballed the distance at 24 7/8" from the passenger side body mount bolt center to the center of the axle tube.
      I know you said leading edge of the mount, but I forgot that part when I was under there measuring.

Remember though, that's just eyeballed. And on a stock height truck.

Paul
      Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
      68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Just trying to check that the axle was moved forward 2" from stock..so its got 3" tubes so measuring from tube edge to something that can tell me where stock is would be fine..

Weird...I measure from the passanger side body bolt to center its 29" from the front body mount its 19" and from end of frame its 26"..all eye balling..

The axle looks like its in the stock opening..not 2" forward like it should be..
        Last edited by CT Performance Inc.; 02-07-2012, 07:15 AM.
        Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
        X