BC Bronco Main Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Bronco Main Tank

I have a brand new, never installed, main tank purchased in 2002. It has the slip on fittings with no barbs. I'm going to run EFI and was thinking I need to do something to this before I install the tank. What would you recommend I do to the tank to ready it for EFI? Weld on new fittings? Flare the end for slip on? Anyone have any experience at this? I figured now is the time to weld on it before I introduce combustibles to it... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brad
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: BC Bronco Main Tank

It really depends on where you are mounting the fuel pump. Any fittings between the pump and fuel psi reg need to be hi psi capable. The return line can just be lo psi also. But keep in mind that if you crushed the return line The system would leak at the weakest point. If your mounting the pump in the tank then you will need to upgrade the fittings on the tank. If you mount it on the frame then anything before the pump can be lo psi capable, but you must make sure it can handle the suction of the pump. I usually run a supply pump on the frame to the hi psi on the frame to avoid fuel starvation issues. On some vehicles I will also use a sump in the system to further improve the fuel supply.
    Gary
    Speedtech Performance
    71 Bronco, fully custom, daily driven
    69 Torino, being built

Comment

My plan is running two pumps. One low pressure from the tank to accumulator then HP to the fuel rail.

Comment

I put one a couple of years ago, before they added the AN fittings. The fittings that are on there worked fine for me. It couldn't hurt to flare them IMHO.

I ran this tank first with a carb and now the in tank pump without issue.

My biggest complaint with this tank is the fuel guage not reading correctly. Apparently BC is working on the problem but no one has been able to use the stock guage and get an accurate reading.

The only other issue was with the skidplate, not the tank. The included nuts for the unistrut did not have springs. The springs are a big help when you are trying to get the skidplate up there by yourself!
        71 Bronco
        EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
        Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Originally posted by 6daze View Post
          I put one a couple of years ago, before they added the AN fittings. The fittings that are on there worked fine for me. It couldn't hurt to flare them IMHO.

I ran this tank first with a carb and now the in tank pump without issue.

My biggest complaint with this tank is the fuel guage not reading correctly. Apparently BC is working on the problem but no one has been able to use the stock guage and get an accurate reading.

The only other issue was with the skidplate, not the tank. The included nuts for the unistrut did not have springs. The springs are a big help when you are trying to get the skidplate up there by yourself!
          That's why I was wondering if I should weld some fittings on before the first fuel goes in. Wasn't aware of sending unit issues. Thanks for the info

Brad

Comment

Just run a short rubber hose to a AN barb that way you have a little flex to it. This is how I did my Areo tank and all is fine.
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
              Just run a short rubber hose to a AN barb that way you have a little flex to it. This is how I did my Areo tank and all is fine.
              Thats a great idea. I'll flare it first.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X