Hydroboost help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydroboost help

Last week I switched to a 97 Mustang H/B. I also sent the H/B unit off to Vanco to be high flowed. Ran it all last weekend and all was fine, went to go play today and the front brakes started dragging.

This is a 4 wheel disk set up with a . Remanufactured - Brake Master Cylinder I also removed the Proportioning Valve out of the system for it was leaking

The push rod slides right on the brake pedal nice and easy so it not pushing on the H/B. Any thoughts as to what could be wrong. Find it hard that 2 calipers started sticking all at once
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Re: Hydroboost help

With my Hydroboost out of the 96 Mustang, the push rod was about an 1/8" too long causing the front brakes to drag. I used a gasket that fit perfectly between the MC and Hydro that provided the perfect amount of gap to keep the pushrod far enough way so the brakes didnt drag. My buddy running the same Hydro had to do the same as well. I initially just cut the sides out of two washers and slipped them in between the master and the Hydro where it bolts on to confirm that was the issue. I would try just unbolting the the MC from the hydro a little bit and see if the Bronco will roll. I know it worked fine the first run, but give it a shot.
    72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

Well I did steal the Hydroboost idea from you. Guess I could steal the washer idea too.
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

The gasket I used was an exhaust flange gasket. I have the carrier part number 25-37238-00
        I know its off a ford. Think it is a Taurus. Im sure that gasket fits a ton of different applications.
        72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

Update: Made a 1/8" spacer and put it in between the H/B and the M/C feels like they are not dragging now. And with a trip around town they only get to 90 to 100 degrees on the rotors

Comment

Sounds like you installed a brake rotor temp gauge. Very cutting edge!
            Leave No One Behind
            KK6AUW

Comment

good news..
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                Update: Made a 1/8" spacer and put it in between the H/B and the M/C feels like they are not dragging now. And with a trip around town they only get to 90 to 100 degrees on the rotors
                So now POPS can see your rig more often, not just in his Jack Daniels induced comas
                2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
                X