No announcement yet.

Let's talk running gear (Det. vs. ARB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or untill you break the rear and need the front Only!! Seems like you should be able to lock independantly..

Originally posted by crawlin68
    Mine does opperate this way too. The ARB wiring harness comes that way from the factory and I didn't change it. When I am up in the snow, my rear is always locked (when wheeling off road) and the front only gets locked when I'm having trouble climbing up a hill and need power to all four wheels. So I don't mind it opperating this way. Same in the rocks, the front is not locked until I need to climb up something where I need drive to all four.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
      Or untill you break the rear and need the front Only!! Seems like you should be able to lock independantly..
      Having the rear locked first would be just like having a Detroit in the rear. just the ability to unlock the rear for the street, or tight turns. This would be just as pushy in the snow. I can see wanting to lock the smaller housing when the stronger one is already locked, but there might be times when it wouldn't help.

Galen
      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Working...
      X