Put her on a fork lift today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put her on a fork lift today

Went over to a friends shop that has a fork lift and did some playing around today. What do you think? Pretty normal for todays rigs. Still gave me some wood though.
    Attached Files

Looks good, and where were those doors for your trip to Winters. Might have made the trip a little warmer.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
      Looks good, and where were those doors for your trip to Winters. Might have made the trip a little warmer.

Thanks. They were sitting in my garage......of course. LOL They are just empty shells (pretty beat up shells) that I am going to cut down and make summer doors out of. I just didn't have time to put them on until now. I had to rebuild the hinges first.

Comment

Nice!! I Cant wait to flex mine up like that... No worriess I'll be out there!!

Aaron
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Looks pretty flexy. It looks like you could put your spare under the tire that's on the forklift. Are you planning on making your own "snoop" doors? I'm thinking about trying a set later on.

Galen
          Last edited by 720Racer; 02-26-2006, 08:54 PM.
          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Looks awesome...Thanks for the pics
            1967, 302,C4, I DID it Not SOME FRIGGEN SHOP.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yeah I am planning on making something like the Snoop doors. I don't know exactly how I want to cut them yet, but something like that. I'll post some pics after I cut em'.

Comment

Don't forget to build in a custom beer holder in the top of each door.

Galen
                Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

It looks awesome Patrick. It does look like the rear will flex a bit better when the rear springs break in. How is the rear shock length with full compression? I am thinking one of those reasons may be the cause for short compression, but you can get more from those rear springs. Hell of a job for no dialing in and just out of the shop...
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

That's what I was thinking too. (About the rear springs) The rear shocks were fine. No bind, didn't bottom or fully extend. Actually, I could get away with a shorter shock in the rear. I did blow it when I welded on my front F-250 mounts though. I need them 1 inch higher. When I lifted the drivers side rear tire, the passenger side front shock bottomed out, but the drivers side front shock still had about 2 inches before it would have topped out. Did that make sense? Anyway, so I figured if I split that 2 inches and raise my front shock towers up by 1 inch, I should be good to go.

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                    It looks awesome Patrick. It does look like the rear will flex a bit better when the rear springs break in. How is the rear shock length with full compression? I am thinking one of those reasons may be the cause for short compression, but you can get more from those rear springs. Hell of a job for no dialing in and just out of the shop...

Comment

Good idea! I might just do that. (that's for a bottle of water Mr. Officer)

Originally posted by 720Racer
                      Don't forget to build in a custom beer holder in the top of each door.

Galen

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                        That's what I was thinking too. (About the rear springs) The rear shocks were fine. No bind, didn't bottom or fully extend. Actually, I could get away with a shorter shock in the rear. I did blow it when I welded on my front F-250 mounts though. I need them 1 inch higher. When I lifted the drivers side rear tire, the passenger side front shock bottomed out, but the drivers side front shock still had about 2 inches before it would have topped out. Did that make sense? Anyway, so I figured if I split that 2 inches and raise my front shock towers up by 1 inch, I should be good to go.
                        They will break in after 1 or 2 rock crawlin runs. Plus they will flex much better with a full load of camping crapola.
                        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Very nice, Hope to get mine to flex that much if not more myself.

And the snoop doors I havent decided whether I want to hack my doors up as I only have the 2 and need some winter doors, If I get a STC top then I may go with half doors and run soft top and soft doors in the winter.

Comment

Working...
                          X