Windshield braces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield braces?

What is everyone using for Windshield braces? Last time I used two hiem joints with a coupler in the middle and bolted directly into the cage. They seemed to make a little rattling noise. It could be that they were just cheap ones from OSH. Please post up some pics. Thanks

Re: Windshield braces?

Using 2 eye bolts with a coupler thingee. welded a nut to the cage and bolted them together.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I am using hiem joints with some all thread and jam nuts. The passenger side does seem to rattle sometimes while driving on the highway.

Comment

OSH turnbuckles... No rattles and they work like a champ so far! Same as what Ryan (71bronco71) runs on his. I think he even documented it on this site somewhere.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...1&postcount=42

about
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...referrerid=429
            Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

I've got the OSH turnbuckles. I put nylon bushings inside the eyes and have no rattles.
              1971 EB: 3.5" 4 link rear, wristed front, 2" body, 96 Explorer 5.0 EDIS EEC-IV, C6, Nissan PS, Hydroboost w/front disks, 4.88 9" w/spool, D44 w/ aussie locker, TRO, 37" MTRs

Comment

I have the same as Ryan. No rattles.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

saw a bud at the rock race, his was a piece of tube with plate on the end that bolted the windshield to. Try to find a piece later.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                    I am using hiem joints with some all thread and jam nuts. The passenger side does seem to rattle sometimes while driving on the highway.
                    My heim braces rattled at times too, so I put O-rings between the heims and where they mount.
                    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I just used "Hood bump stops" from the junk yard.
                      I did not want anything bolted to the wind shield as much as the body and cage moved differently.
                      I just used a rubber hood stop, and welded a nut to the cage.
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
                      X