Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WH Ext. radius arm bracket - lost directions, how far back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WH Ext. radius arm bracket - lost directions, how far back?

I am thinking 11 1/4" but can't be sure. Anyone know?

Re: WH Ext. radius arm bracket - lost directions, how far back?

A lot of people move their front axles forward. You can get a plumb bob from Harbor Freight for just a few dollars. Measure where your axle is now. Support the front of the frame on tall jack stands, and remove the old arms. Re-install the new ones and then move your axle until it sits where you want it. You may not want to go more than an inch without moving the coil buckets on the frame.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

already pulled everything, so too late for that method. Also not sure why they included bolts in the package?

Comment

Just center the tires where you want them, make sure it's square, and burn em in.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Just what Tony said. Get the tires centered at ride height, "c" clamp the radius arm brackets I the frame and jack up the front axle to make sure it stays centered in the wheel opening. Then when you are happy with it, weld it up.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Yes it's 11 1/4.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/downloa...2008-08-06.pdf

Wild Horses has most of their instructions on their site.
            77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

Thanks, that is what I needed. All I have to line it up is a bare housing, so this method has to do.

Now I have to decide where to set my caster to weld up the c mounts. Turns out I already had 7 degree bushings, might have to get new set with less caster in case I ever want to increase it for more lift. Anyone have a set of 2 or 4 degree bushings laying around?
              Last edited by tortuga; 05-25-2009, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X