Power steering fluid Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering fluid Q

What are you guys running in your delphi pumps? I finally got the power steering all back together(thanks to sillyneck) and in.

Is the Royal Purple stuff worth the price? I'm not running a cooler yet, so it's just the pump and the box.

santa
    71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
    nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Re: Power steering fluid Q

I have alwas used GM 9985010 But it is EXPENSIVE I was at O'Reillys the other day and picked up a gallon of there stuff for $15.00 and on the back it says meets performance requirement for GM 9985010 This is what Howe recommends in his systems I looked on there web site but could not find it. Thought I would give it a try.
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Remember to use something that is compatible with everything else or you could get stuck with a blown hose on the trail and no extra secret sauce... I use atf.. every bodys got extra atf...
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
        Remember to use something that is compatible with everything else or you could get stuck with a blown hose on the trail and no extra secret sauce... I use atf.. every bodys got extra atf...
        me gots spare hoses in the wheelin box U-joints, axle shafts front and rear......I'm a good guy to wheel with
        71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
        nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
          I use atf.. every bodys got extra atf...
          ATF is not Power Steering Fluid But it will work And it will work on the trail too. If needed
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I Use the NAPA stuff
            Brad
            Chico, Ca.

Comment

I used the Valvoline Syn, until it stopped being sold(?).
              Now I just use RedLine.
              Mark Harris
              71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                I used the Valvoline Syn, until it stopped being sold(?).
                Now I just use RedLine.
                That's what I run too, when did they stop selling it? I guess I haven't used any PS lately. I do need to change my pressure hose so I may have to find something different.
                69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Beats me.
                  I went to all the Kargen's and Autozone's in the area, and found none.
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
                  X