Belt Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt Issue

Recently I was on my way to get some exhaust work done my Bronco, and along the way the belt to my power steering came apart. It looks like the
    V part of the belt separated from the belt. A friend of mine told me it looks like the belt is too wide and is riding to high in the pully.
    If this is the case...how do I go about finding the right width?
    The length of the belt is fine.

351 w/ siginaw pump.

By the way...I used Armstrong steering to get it home.
    My other question is...if I had a Hydroboost brake system connected to this I'm assuming I'd lose my power brakes. But would I lose all braking?
    Or would it be like manual no power brakes?

My last Bronco had power nothing. Four wheel drum. Never a dull moment when the brakes were applied. And the steering on the trail was definitly a thumb buster. After a day on the trail I felt like I had been in a fight with a bear.

does the belt ride in the same place on both pully's? I have the same setup and haven't had a problem with mine at all. Only problem I had was findin the right length belt. I will get you the part number off mine.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

That would be great. Thanks

Right now I'm using a Napa P/N XL 25-7485

Comment

I get my belts at kragens because it is closer then Napa. I have a Dayco belt #15475. It sits flush with both pully's.
        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Working...
        X