Allowable Suspension Sag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowable Suspension Sag

What is allowable in spring sag? My springs are sagging here and there. At what point should they be replaced?
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Re: Allowable Suspension Sag

when it reaches your knees.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony View Post
      What is allowable in spring sag? My springs are sagging here and there. At what point should they be replaced?
      When fat chicks can get in the passenger seat.
      Brad
      Chico, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerjughead View Post
        When fat chicks can get in the passenger seat.
        That is why I put in seats with high side bolsters, and are barely wide enough for my skinny ass.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

you guys are a lot oh help!!
          1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I think ride height is a personal preference. Some may be okay with 1-2" when others want the back to be higher. You could also throw a 1" block under your springs to avoid having to buy new leafs for awhile.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

if the springs were both sagging evenly it would not be an issue. i think one side has sagged more then the other, thus making the front lean. I know that WH had some issues with their springs sagging and was wondering if mine bad.

Comment

Sagging left to right sucks.
                Are you sure its not the shackles being over tight, or bend body bushing?
                Mine sagged about 1 inch to the driver side for about a year, I swapped the springs side to side, and in about 1 month the both sagged the same.
                Mark Harris
                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

i will have to recheck everything again to see if I can find out where it is sagging. It may be body bushings as they are old. the rear leafs are 4 or 5 years old as well as the deaver coils.

Comment

Looks like were having same problem.
                    sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Working...
                    X