Headlight upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight upgrade

I have had these sitting on the shelf for a long time. I've been waiting for my off the shelf lights to burn out before I replaced them.
    Today was that day. The off the shelf ones still work but I had an extra 10 mins.

I have never wanted a plastic housing with LEDs. I wanted a glass housing and found HELLA makes a glass housing with replaceable H4 bulbs.

Sylvania Performance
    Glass housing. Non replaceable bulbs
    HELLA 2395801
    Glass Housing. Replaceable H4 bulbs

{o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Before
    Low/High
    {o===o}
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

After
      Low/high
      {o===o}

Comment

As always, photos do no justice.

These lights are brighter and if I wanted to, I can change the bulb to a different temperature and lumens.
        I will run these until the bulbs burn out and then get something more bright and more annoying for passerbys
        ​​​
        {o===o}

Comment

There are rectangle Hella versions too, you need relays to run them...
          Attached Files
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I ran those headlights for many years, with illegally high wattage bulbs. They started to get dimmer and dimmer to the point where I felt unsafe driving at night. I pulled them out to inspect and found what appeared to be heat damage to the housings. The reflectors were not "reflecting" the way they once were. I replaced them with sealed (plastic) LED headlights which are far brighter than the Hellas ever were, with a better pattern, and they draw a fraction of the power.

I think I simply had bad luck. Maybe defective housings, maybe bulbs that I never should have been running..

I think I still have the replaceable H4 bulbs here somewhere. If I find them, they are yours for spares...
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Deal!
              {o===o}

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                There are rectangle Hella versions too, you need relays to run them...
                slipped my mind. I have a relay for the lights.
                I learned real quick that these broncos need a relay harness for the headlights.

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                I think I still have the replaceable H4 bulbs here somewhere. If I find them, they are yours for spares...
                deal!
                I've had this swap on the shelf for so many years. I lost count.
                Since I had yesterday off I decided it was time to put them on. I honestly cannot tell you when I put the cheap kregon auto parts headlights on. I'm surprised that they still work. (I think they are from 2004 when I brought the bronco home.)

{o===o}

Comment

I went with some oracle led lights with a halo that I’m using for drl and turn signals since I eliminated the turns on the sides.

I bought some Oracle that connect to bt and you can control it but wouldn’t work for the turns so need to sell those.

Comment

Working...
                  X