Steering box rebuild recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering box rebuild recomendations

I've got 4x4x2 steering box that I got from Wild Horses 10-15 years ago. I think it needs rebuilding as my steering is still sloppy after replacing all other bushings and joints. Are there any local places to rebuild it? One place in San Jose is Straight Line Steering, but have never dealt with them and not sure they know the 4x4x2 steering box. Other places long distance are Redhead and West Texas offroad. Howe can do it, but specialize in saginaw boxes. I've got some PSC products, but my buddy broke their sector shaft they didn't stand behind. So, what do you recomend?
    Thanks,
    Kyle
    Kyle
    Aptos
    1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

I had Straight Line rebuild my stock Bronco PS box, and convert it to a quicker steering gear (about 3 turns lock to lock.. 1.5 turn from center to lock). They turned it around quickly and it is like night and day. Their price wasn't too bad either, though I don't remember exactly how much they charged. I'd give them a call to see what they can do for you. The guy I worked with seemed pretty knowledgeable about early broncos. I'd start with them before entertaining the idea of shipping your box anywhere.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Kyle, Happy to recommend Straight line steering, Have used them a few times. Owner lives in Gilroy and the son, who works there, lives near me.

Good Folks, after my Explorer pump issue they stood by their work and made it right. Call them Monday, and ask if they can deal with the 4x4x2 box.

Doug
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
      X