351w Saginaw pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 351w Saginaw pump.

Getting ready to convert my 351 to surpentine. Already have the explorer front dress but I know I need a different bracket for the PS. Don’t care about AC as I got a portable one in the back.

thinking the 3535w from Toms, any other options you would go?

OK, I'll weigh in. Why do you want a Saginaw pump? If you are running big tires (37" +) and/or a ram, I can see why. They can be made to have great flow and pressure. And if you want one, that's it. Since i'm clueless about the bracketry required, I'll bow out.

But, I've been running the same junkyard Explorer power steering pump on my Bronco with 35" tires and hydroboost since 2005, with no issues. I have 3 spare junkyard pumps on the shelf in case it fails, but at this rate I'll probably be donating them in my will.

Meanwhile I sure am enjoying AC 8^)
    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
    I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

42s, hydro assist and hydro boost.

Comment

So looking at the bracket you posted 3535 I don't think it will work or well with the explorer dress .looks to be set up to alighn with the v belt pulley's and you will be missing an idler pully that goes near the original position of the original PS pump ..

Wildhorses has the bracket that mounts the pump low with the idler pulley mounted near the original explorer PS pump location for belt routing. It also bolts to the head with nothing attatching to the water pump which would be an issue with the bracket you mentioned..

96-01 Explorer 5.0 Delphi/Saginaw Pump Bracket , NEW ITEMS EB: WILD HORSES 4X4 Bronco Parts.........

Explorer Saginaw Bracket (thebroncoguy.com) Another option for the WH bracket ,pretty sure he supplied them there bracket....this option also allows the best clearence if your still running a distributor with vacuum advance.,,,at least look at his website has good pictures and product descrption,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
          42s, hydro assist and hydro boost.
          Ok, never mind...
          1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
          I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Thanks dude, I will be ordering the bronco guy one shortly as I like the fact he has provisions for the idler pulley and a mounting point for any other doodads up high.
            Last edited by PhantomEB; 09-10-2022, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I think it’s was in the early 90’s that Ford used a Saginaw steering pump on some Econoline vans with Windsor’s. I found mine at a Pick-n-pull. But it won’t line up with Explorer stuff.
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Jacob, thanks. That makes it easier for when I go buy a new Saginaw pump.

Comment

Working...
                X