Bronco batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco batteries

My DieHard platinum group 34/78 battery has finally died.
    I'm not thrilled that sears no longer exist and they sold the diehard brand.

That being said, I need another battery. I'm sure batteries are pretty similar these days but what is everyone favorite brand.
    Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 01-28-2023, 06:52 AM.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Die Hard series can still be bought at Autozone I believe...
    I like Odysseys myself, but not the most inexpensive. Just bought one for Betty at Summit and it was $300 to my door.
    O'Reilly's Batts are only warrantied for 2 years, my NAPA stopped selling Interstate which has been good to me as well.

Good luck Ryan...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I also use Odyssey in my Bronco.

Comment

I've been happy with the two Deka Intimidator AGM batteries that I've run in my Bronco. I keep mine on a "smart" tender and it has lasted for a long time. I ran one before and I did something stupid to it... I soldered something above it, which dripped hot solder onto the battery body, which melted the plastic case to a surprising extent, so I no longer trusted it. I exchanged it for a similar battery which is what I still run now. After having problems with Optimas in the past, the Dekas have been problem-free.
        Last edited by CityHick; 05-16-2022, 10:14 AM.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

East Penn batteries, made in USA. They manufacture Deka.

Comment

I have bought a car quest DieHard for the boat and it's not the same manufacturer as the sears brand.
            I may just end up buying an oddessy. I know they are great, i just dont like the price tag
            {o===o}
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

my Oddessy is exact same as my diehard....case and all
              73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                my Odyssey is exact same as my diehard....case and all
                I have read that over the years Sears changed suppliers of its Diehard batteries. At one time the top of the line Diehard was made by Odyssey but not anymore.

Comment

Costco has interstate batteries for a good price. I had an optima in the past and it didn’t last any longer than the others. I just got six years and two months out of my stock 27F Toyota battery in my Tundra.
                  1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

Originally posted by helbnd1 View Post
                    East Penn batteries, made in USA. They manufacture Deka.
                    Yup, I’ve been going through this same thing and found them…I have an intimidator agm on my Raptor and need to find a battery for my Bronco soon. The Intimidator has been outstanding but not cheap epithet.

Comment

I should update this. I ended up spending a fortune on an odyssey 3478 battery. They are the ones that made batteries for sears before they went under. (I sure do miss sears. Craftsman, Kenmore, diehard....) My Diehard that I have as a core was from 2009. I got my monies worth from it

I spent a lot of time researching batteries and found that the big stores are all the same. They just change the specs a few numbers. Napa, O'Reilly's, AutoZone, Advanced Auto, thay are all made by the same company.
                      I looked into deka and interstate and wasn't thrilled. So I decided to look for a coupon code for a odyssey battery to try to save some sort of money. But it turns out, a discount on an odyssey battery is like trying to find a discount for home Depot, doesn't exist.
                      I noticed that AutoZone is a reseller so I tried to add it to my cart and closed the web page. A few days later I got a $10 off code in my email inbox.
                      I decided that now's my chance, $10 is $10. That was the cheapest price I could find.

{o===o}

Comment

Follow up - The Odyssey's in my Superduty Truck are 9 yrs old this month!

After having to make repairs to many Bronco fenders and battery trays due to lead acid leaks, I will never go back...
                        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                          Follow up - The Odyssey's in my Superduty Truck are 9 yrs old this month!

After having to make repairs to many Bronco fenders and battery trays due to lead acid leaks, I will never go back...
                          I could believe mine was 13 years old before it went out. It wasn't a daily driver, I always ran my stereo loud, and I would remember half the time to put it on a trickle charger.

They make good stuff
                          {o===o}

Comment

So as a independent Tech for the last 30+ years I've seen the good and bad from most if not all the manufacturers and or vehicle manufacturers .FWIW.. and leak batteries suck..,,

But I just wanted to say is Ruff stuff make a nice battery tray/holddown specific to the odessey PCI 34 battery {should but haven't checked if a run of the mill group 34 fits may do that when i get a chance]. they also have on for an optima as well ..ther a clam shell style so as long as its well secured to the body should be no chance of the battery flopping around ...

Comment

I'm getting close to needing a battery and narrowing it down as well. Odyssey does look good but I'm leaning towards XS Power. The specs look slightly better, seems like it's made for higher amp alternators which I have, they sell a lot of additional things that look good to me like a variation of terminals. Big 3 kit (not sure if I need that yet of if Ron Francis can supply in the harness I'm getting)...

I'm not a battery expert by any means, I can only go off of what I've tried myself and I haven't had the best luck with batteries over the years. The last one I bought that has been great in my truck was a Deka Intimidator, has been very reliable but it's only been maybe a year.

Years ago I had good luck with Optima, but I've heard countless times that they are not what they used to be.

I do think an agm battrey will pretty much last forever if you do put it on a trickle charger, but I have a Bosch Platinum AGM in my Porsche that sits on a trickly charger and it's find if I take it off and drive it, but if it sits without being on that charger, I have no confidence in it staying charged...but maybe that's a whole other story since 911s have a constant drain anyway. I don't know who makes that battery but I wouldn't buy another.

Comment

Working...
                              X