Seat mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat mounting

As many of us here are not into crazy rock racing or places we will see multiple rolls when it does happen. Minor flops at most.

My cage is double B pillar, X braced and built to the point I am sure I can flop it right over and I be fine.

is it ok to mount my WRX seats right to the floor with nice wide plates underneath? It be less work to cut the cross tubes right out than it is to modify to get the seats to sit way down and even still they be bolted to 1/4” flat bar at best.
    Last edited by PhantomEB; 12-31-2020, 12:54 PM.

Thats how I ran my seats. I just used a large washer under the body. I was never worried about the seat ripping out. My bones would snap before the bolt ripped out of the sheetmetal.

And stock is bolted to the floor.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

But after building a new cage, my seats are bolted to the cage.
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Time to cut out at least one 2” cross bar. I figure both will have to come out if I want max adjustability in the sliders.

Not too many people I will trust with the keys to this truck but my brother is 6’4 after all.

Comment

I've always mounted my seats and seatbelts to the cage. Just for extra safety. But you know me, I'm Mr. Overkill.

Comment

Is there a way you can run flat bar off the cage b pillar and make seat mounts from that

Comment

My seats and belts are mounted to the cage except the rear bench. I built flat stock as tight to the floor possible and got rid of my sliders for additional head room. The rear bench is mounted to aircraft track mounts in the bed, 4 bolts it’s out with extra tie down points.

Comment

Working...
              X