fuel pump...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump...

so I am going to do the external pump route.....I bought a bosch 69100 pump....I know in tank is best but this it is what is best for me right now....Any advice on filters would be great....Still need those.....I am going to try(already bought) the Sniper Stealth with there all there ignition stuff......A lot of money for me so hoping it will be good....
    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

No offense, but if you are going with a cheap external (in-line) pump, a cheap in-line filter will work just fine. I'd get a pre-pump filter, and also a post-pump filter. The pre pump filter should be a 30 micron filter. And the post fuel-pump should be even finer (like 60-100 microns). Are you running a carb, TBI, or true EFI? You may want to consider changing to -AN fittings since you will have a lot of stuff out of the way, just a thought.

After burning through a pump per year, I took the dive and cut a hole in my tank to install a Fi-Tech in-tank pump. Wasn't nearly as hard or expensive as I thought it would be, and made a world of difference in overall performance. Plus it has lasted longer than any external pump (Walbro, Fi-Tech, Bosch, GSL) I have used in the past, plus much, much quieter.
    1973 Ford Bronco: 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, NP 435/D20. Holley Projection, 4.56 gears.

Comment

Thanks....But i will use an external pump......Some they dont last... some they do.....Factory used then for quite a while.....not sure what you mean by cheap....but I think but good filters will make a huge difference.....I think most times it is installer error.....we will see....

Comment

Didn't the Sniper master kit come with filters? I have the external fuel pumps on both of mine and they have been working just fine. I can get you the info on filters that I use later today.

Comment

Thanks...I got some filters coming....Ordered a wix 33033 pre....and a wix 33481 for after the pump....

Comment

Great. The Sniper kit installed pretty easy.

Comment

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...d=true&pos=250

This pump works for Mustang EFI conversions. But I highly suggest you buy something that works with the Sniper unit, it needs 58psi to function properly.

I believe their external unit is like 255 liters per hour and depending what sniper unit you bought it may be internally regulated or require an external regulator.

By the way, not a fan of running fuel hose supply and return in rubber line. It has a life expectancy, and not as robust as say bending up 3/8 metal line. My .02

Good luck. Sorry I look here every day, but only sign in occasionally to check messages ... Doug
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I as well am running an external pump and will continue to do so as it’s way easier for trail fixes.

second minimal rubber line.

Comment

Thanks Doug...I was thinking this Bosch 69100 made 80lbs.....now I don't seem to be able to find the specs....Yes sniper needs 58.5 i think....The one i bought is externally regulated if that matters...I may be looking for another pump....lol...
                  Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X