VBelt routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBelt routing

its been so long since I had my engine back together, keeping it simple for now then upgrading it along the way after it’s able to be loaded on to a trailer headed for dirt.

i have a single pulley water pump pully and a double pully crank one. Which one shares the one of the double, the single and the other.... power steering or alternator? Same pulleys being used, new alternator and PSC remote reservoir pump is what I am now looking at. I am figuring out belt lengths to order.

if pics that works too.
    Last edited by PhantomEB; 04-08-2020, 01:59 PM.

The factory power steering broncos had a double groove water pump pulley. So both belts went around the water pump. If you have single groove water pump pulley, it should work, but you will have to see which one lines up with the water pump. My guess is the alternator. The alternator belt is closer to the engine, PS in front.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

On my '66 with added on factory PS, it matches what highlander said. Double groove water pump pulley. Groove closest to engine for alternator and groove closer to radiator for PS.

Comment

Thanks guys. I am confident this single upper was on the engine when I was in Moab long long long ago. As said, just doing what I can then fix along the way after. Ain’t gonna know what needs to be fixed or changed unless I actually putting miles on It.

Comment

Working...
        X