Efi ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efi ????

Well, of course, here goes another EFI question...

Neither of my GT40 lower intakes have the Air Temp Sensor port. How crucial is this? and what can I do to get around it? (Not really thrilled about hunting down another intake).

Also, for all you injected guys, where did you buy all of your sensors? Oh, and can I use my Pertronix Blaster coil?, or do I have to get the FMS one?

TIA
    Last edited by FFMDX; 11-08-2007, 01:51 PM.
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Wish I could help. I bought a complete mustang motor. Came with everything. Good luck.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I got all of my sensors from Vato Zone. Surprisingly enough, I found all were ford parts in thier boxes. Your coil can be a MSD blaster coil, but it needs to be an efi model with the correct plug on it. I use the MSD blaster coil, but it isn't a canister coil like a carb motor.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Nice, thanx! Any idea on the ATS?
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

ATS is needed, I've seen a few articles about drilling/tapping the lower. I think Lars went that route, might PM him. Ditto on the other sensors that didnt test out, Vatozone box Ford part
          Rick-
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

mmmm...must seek the guru...Lars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
              mmmm...must seek the guru...Lars!!!
              Thanks Sean for thinking of me, being that I have already done one of these conversions and have the parts to do my second. (If I ever get the trans swap done...)
              Maybe you have been spending too much time getting your post numbers up?

It is called an ACT (air charge temp sensor) and you need to have one if you are still using the mustang EFI harness. You should be able to find a spot on the lower intake that could be drilled and tapped.

Doug
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                Thanks Sean for thinking of me, being that I have already done one of these conversions and have the parts to do my second. (If I ever get the trans swap done...)
                Maybe you have been spending too much time getting your post numbers up?

It is called an ACT (air charge temp sensor) and you need to have one if you are still using the mustang EFI harness. You should be able to find a spot on the lower intake that could be drilled and tapped.

Doug
                Sorry Doug!, no hard feelings!!! I'll give you a call over the 4-day

Comment

Sorry Doug!, no hard feelings!!! I'll give you a call over the 4-day
                  Do you think you will find the time between your postings? "Duhoo"

I have no hate for the nicest guy in the world, just giving you a little shit my Brother....

Comment

QUOTE=904Bronco;30973]Do you think you will find the time between your postings? "Duhoo"

I have no hate for the nicest guy in the world, just giving you a little shit my Brother....[/QUOTE]

You know, you're probably right! You should call me, and I'll see if I can pencil you in!!!!

Comment

You know, you're probably right! You should call me, and I'll see if I can pencil you in!!!![/QUOTE]

Your going to E6 in January.... Better get rested up cause those Stanford kids cannot hold down their alcohol. They cannot ride a bike... Money and no common sense... Well I got off track there... How about I call you on my way into work tomorrow... 0600 wake up?

Bring the Manifold to work or shoot me a picture and we will get you hooked up so you can stop counting your posts...
                      Last edited by 904Bronco; 11-10-2007, 07:34 PM.

Comment

You know, you're probably right! You should call me, and I'll see if I can pencil you in!!!!
                        Your going to E6 in January.... Better get rested up cause those Stanford kids cannot hold down their alcohol. They cannot ride a bike... Money and no common sense... Well I got off track there... How about I call you on my way into work tomorrow... 0600 wake up?

Bring the Manifold to work or shoot me a picture and we will get you hooked up so you can stop counting your posts...[/QUOTE]

0600 Wake-up call...sure, I'm on the van doing a 5-call, in a week or so, so I'll return the favor at 0-dark 30 for ya! I'll give you a call.

Sean

Comment

0600 Wake-up call...sure, I'm on the van doing a 5-call, in a week or so, so I'll return the favor at 0-dark 30 for ya! I'll give you a call.

Sean
                          I'd rather just drill a hole in your manifold and get your rig on the road!
                          Last edited by 904Bronco; 11-11-2007, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I'd rather just drill a hole in your manifold and get your rig on the road!
                            Me likey!!! I t/t Matt and he suggested to put it before the TB on the air intsake tube. You at work today?

Comment

Working...
                            X