SEFI firing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEFI firing problems

Just got my SEFI conversion done on the street rig, had the exhaust run and now it doesn't want to crank. Got it running adjusted the timing and now it wont crank. With the key on you can move the Dist. and the fuel pumps come on and the starter solenoid makes noise?? I did find a loose cable, not sure it that was the problem. Motor does have spark but it's very weak. Plugs are black. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

When you set the timing did you remove the spout connector?
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
      When you set the timing did you remove the spout connector?
      Yes. But I did'nt remove the computer when they did my exhaust, I hope it wasn't damaged.

Comment

If it just won't crank over it is most likely just a poor/bad battery charge, bad connection, or possibly a bad starter.
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Turns over fine, just very hard or won't start. It seems like it's not putting out enough spark.

Comment

Give us more detals.
            So it cranks, just slow, or Hard (hard like the timing is to far Advanced?)
            Did you check the rail for fuel?
            How is the spark at the coil?
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
              Give us more detals.
              So it cranks, just slow, or Hard (hard like the timing is to far Advanced?)
              Did you check the rail for fuel?
              How is the spark at the coil?
              Everything seems good to go except the spark, seems to be running rich.

Comment

have you tried pulling any codes? what is your voltage at the coil? grounds all tight and clean? Is this a speed density or mass air setup?
                Last edited by broncosaurus69; 10-16-2007, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosaurus69 View Post
                  have you tried pulling any codes? what is your voltage at the coil? grounds all tight and clean? Is this a speed density or mass air setup?
                  I did pull codes KOEO ,but nothing significant came up. It's Mass air. I haven't had a chance to check the voltage yet. I'm going to add another ground when I get time.

Comment

Working...
                  X