Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojave Heater

So who runs a Mojave Heater?

Do you like it? How did you mount it? Are you using defrost ducts?

ALSO...Where did you get it?, and anyone know anything about the Summit version?

Sean
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

I beleive the Summit version is the same, just special packaging? I am planning to pick one of these up as well and use the defrost ducts up to the original defrost duct system for winter runs. I hear the bastards can burn your toes off!! LMAO!

Comment

A friend of mine got one from Vintage Air for his FJ40. Its a nice, compact unit that puts out a lot more heat than the stock unit it replaced. I'm considering getting one for my Bronco for the space savings they provide. Looks like there's enough space a little to the right of the tranny tunnel on the firewall. Yet one more reason to build a custom dash...
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

you saw mine. I like it so far, but untill i get a top on it it is hard to tell...
        WT 4x4
        91' One Ton Bronco
        1971 Bronco
        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

I had one of the summit versions on my FJ40 crawler and with the softtop on it would burn you outta the truck on the coldest days. I've already ordered one for my 69 project, and expect it will be an easy install and the same performance. Once I get the body mounted back on the frame i'll post some installation picks.
          1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

I run one in my Bronco. I got it from JBG and love it. It puts out plenty of heat. I wanted to hook it up to the stcok defrost vents, but with all of my guages, the defrost vent wouldn't fit back up in the dash. But it really cranks out the heat nicely.

I mounted mine using some angle iron. I ran the angle iron from the dash to the firewall and then hung the heater from that. Seems to work great!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X