Cage Radius Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage Radius Arms

Anybody runnin CAGE ARMS??? Bolt or weld rear brackets??? Just read instructions, they have you bolt them on. Just curious if anybody has delt with these.

POPS
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

I used the bolts through the frame and stitch welded the edges of the brackets to the frame on the inside, outside, and bottom...

Don't the instructions say that the bolts are OK by themselves just enough to get it to a welder?
    Maybe that was something else...
    Last edited by House; 10-04-2007, 08:35 PM.

Comment

I just bolted mine on....only because I suck at welding...I thought it was just a suggestion..not madatory. Ill dig around and see if I can find the instructions.
      Last edited by raharr3; 10-04-2007, 09:08 PM.
      1967, 302,C4, I DID it Not SOME FRIGGEN SHOP.

Comment

They suggest they eventually are welded on. I bolted mine on till I got to a more proficient welder than myself.
        FWIW I love the arms, they are saweeeet! Installation can be a pain for some of the parts, mainly the brackets on the frame and the heims onto the brackets. The powder coating is so thick it creates some tolerance issues. The BFH was my friend when getting the brackets onto the frame but once on they were easy to adjust back and forward. The heims and spacers on the arms were way too tight and I trimmed the spacers down a bit. Other than those 2 issues (and dealing with exhaust routing) the install was very easy.
        Attached Files

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

You guys are AWESOME!!! THANKS for the info. POPS
          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

Comment

I bolted mine on just for mock up, then stitch welded them to the frame. I called Jim at Cage and this is what he recommended. DO NOT over tightened the bolts though! They will crush your frame. (don't ask me how I know this)

Comment

Speaking of Cage...

Anyone in here run a full Cage Suspension lift? I have been looking around for what type of 5.5" lift I would like to put under my bronco. I have been hearing pretty good things about their coils and I know their arms are awesome.

Anyone have any advice?
              Anyone hear anything about their front shock hoop? How are their shocks? What about their rear leafs?

Also thinking about just gathering parts from different stores. Correct me if I am wrong for pretty much the best lift parts.

WH Coils
              WH Shock Hoop
              Bilstien 7100 shocks
              Cage Arms
              BCB rear leafs
              Cross inboard shock hoop
              4WP pitman arm
              4WP 14 piece bushing set

Has anyone used the WH rear extreme shock hoop where you have to cut into the rear inner fenderwell? How do you like them?

Thanks Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by NorcalKD View Post
                WH Coils
                WH Shock Hoop
                Bilstien 7100 shocks
                Cage Arms
                BCB rear leafs
                Cross inboard shock hoop
                4WP pitman arm
                4WP 14 piece bushing set

That's almost exactly what I have on mine, except I have BC coils and F250
                shock mounts up front. I would probably put the Cage front shock hoop
                on if I did it again, but only because of looks, not function...
                Last edited by House; 10-05-2007, 08:52 AM.

Comment

drilling holes takes too long. I just burned a set on broncrick's ride. real beefy well put together units!
                  84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
                    That's almost exactly what I have on mine, except I have BC coils and F250
                    shock mounts up front. I would probably put the Cage front shock hoop
                    on if I did it again, but only because of looks, not function...
                    I know the cage front shock hoop looks pretty cool. So I was thinking the same as you about just the looks. Thats why I was wondering about their coils and what people thought. I might just buy their 5.5" lift package and if their rear leafs are not that good then I could sell those and get the better BCB rear leafs for better flex and get either the cross inboard shock mount or the WH rear shock extreme hoop mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcalKD View Post
                      Speaking of Cage...

Anyone in here run a full Cage Suspension lift? I have been looking around for what type of 5.5" lift I would like to put under my bronco. I have been hearing pretty good things about their coils and I know their arms are awesome.

Anyone have any advice?
                      Anyone hear anything about their front shock hoop? How are their shocks? What about their rear leafs?

Also thinking about just gathering parts from different stores. Correct me if I am wrong for pretty much the best lift parts.

WH Coils
                      WH Shock Hoop
                      Bilstien 7100 shocks
                      Cage Arms
                      BCB rear leafs
                      Cross inboard shock hoop
                      4WP pitman arm
                      4WP 14 piece bushing set

Has anyone used the WH rear extreme shock hoop where you have to cut into the rear inner fenderwell? How do you like them?

Thanks Kyle
                      I have them on mine. Not a difficult install. Need a welder or a buddy with one. Fenderwell mod is simple enough. Haven't had the pleasure of streching out the rear end yet (hopefully real soon) but seems like a solid, well thought out unit. You can see how the shocks line up in the wheel well in my pics in members rides, page 20. Post #293.

Tony
                      Last edited by blwngsket; 10-05-2007, 09:24 AM.
                      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

i have wh rear extreme hoops. they are strong and allow good flex. the only problem is if you want a rear seat you have to move the seat back about 4" or so. I also don't think dual shocks are needed. Im getting ready to stretch mine and will have to redo the whole set up.

the front shock hoops are real strong and good design also. dual shocks there are also not needed though. cage's front shock hoop is really a great design or the f250 setup.
                        this is the last mod i promise
                        www.hoblitmotors.com

Comment

I have Cage shocks on the back, and also on my Dodge.
                          for a "Cheap" shock they are good.
                          Are they a fox, or a Bilstien, no.
                          Mark Harris
                          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I have the CAGE 3.5 lift coils and leaves on mine now and they seem to work as well if not better than the WH stuff my son has on his.. CAGE stuff has real good road manners. I am going to CAGE 5.5 stuff w/hoops and arms now (in garage) as soon as I get the urge to tear things apart.

pops

Comment

Originally posted by caryt
                              My take on this..FWIW..

I can't comment on the radius arms since I have Coby's

I don't like the Cross shock mount I perfer the Proto Fab or WH rear hoops with just 1 Bilstein SB 7100 or 9100 RR shock ..better control.

I do not like any front hoop..IMO a waste of $$, just use a old style mount or a F250 mount.. its all thats needed and spend the money saved on short body 7100 RR Bilsteins.

I guess ya can tell I don't like dual shocks and I like Bilsteins

Front coils ..I like the non progressive coils over the others..BC's are my choice along with their rear leafs...or custom rears

Cary
                              My take would be pretty close to the same.
                              I don't have the Cage arms, but if I were to buy a set today they would be my first choice.
                              As far as front hoops nothing wrong with them, but you can get the same result for less money (ie F250 mounts)
                              I have Bilstein 7100's and love them. I was very pleased with Rs9000's before removing them, and while they aren't the 7100's they worked very well for the price. I also agree duals are a waste on a bronco unless you are offroad racing and need the added cooling and resistence to fading.
                              As far as coils I have always had WH and they provide excellent on road manners and perform great offroad as well, I think the same could be said for Cage coils. With that said I think I will be changing to Deaver Linear rate coils for two reasons; one they are linear rate and should allow more compression and droop travel (compared to progressive rate), and two they have the softest overall spring rate of all available bronco coils.The progressive rate coils have a softer initial rate but become much stiffer after a few inches of compression. The BC coils are also linear rate but have a slightly stiffer rate. For a mostly street driven truck I would probably use the WH coils.
                              It is hard to sum up one best package without knowing exactly what you will be using your bronco for and under what conditions you expect it to perform best.
                              Last edited by highlander; 10-06-2007, 06:36 PM.
                              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Working...
                              X