Painless wiring install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painless wiring install

I have been installing the Painless harness in my 77. I was wondering if anyone else has done one. I managed to figure out where all the wires go except one. It is a purple wire that starts from the ignition, splices into the neutral safety switch, then becomes two wires. One goes to the "s" on the starter solenoid and the other is the one I have no idea where it goes. The instructions don't say where it goes. I isolated it for now and the truck fired right up. Is it extra, for switched power items? Time to break out the volt meter.
    77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

I know on my 68 that is have a violet wire that connects to the brake warning light and brake switch. yours may go to the same.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Working...
    X