Proportioning valve sensor/switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proportioning valve sensor/switch

I put in a new proportioning valve from Wild Horses into my 77 and the brakes work fine. My problem is the new valve came with a one wire sensor/switch and the old one has two wires. What should I do? I have disk brakes and a BC Broncos power assist.
    77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

The stock wiring circuit loops through the stock h block switch and gets the ground from the light bulb. The new proportioning valve is different. It grounds at the switch. Connect both stock wires from the stock harnass to the one wire on the WH unit and your circuit will be correct. Also, welcome to our humble corner of the WWW
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Someone else who can't sleep because they are trying to figure out the mystical beast that is the Early Bronco. You're in good company. Welcome aboard.

Brad
      Brad
      Chico, Ca.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the response and warm welcome!
        77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

Working...
        X