No announcement yet.

FAWK!&@^#%#! wheel bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, your wacky, but heck we knew that I run the stock valve on mine and it works just fine, my .02
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I bought the preportioning valve and didn't have the right fittings to put it in at the time, it works perfect without it. So I never put it in. I just added it to my expensive pile of parts that I will never use.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
        this is the nly hold up.. its my DD and i cant afford it to be down for a long time

If the rear locks up before the front then couldnt you switch the front to the front and the rear to the rear????

or is that a wacky theory hahahahaha
        I hear ya. I'm not a brake guy, but brakes generally one thing I don't mess with. Most stopping is done with the front brakes and that's probably why it has a bigger reservoir. I would not switch the plumbing around. Use the valve if needed. I would frankly try w/o then add if needed.

Comment

Loaner parts

I have 44 drum parts if needed I will loan out till you can get disc. I want to make an axle out of then for a Bronco tub Trailer. LOANERS ONLY

Brian
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I saw it posted once, but didn't see a response. Did you back the brakes off on the side that wouldn't come off. What you described is what I deal with since there is a slight lip on my drum. If I don't back the brakes off I can move it out about a quarter of an inch, and that is it.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
              I saw it posted once, but didn't see a response. Did you back the brakes off on the side that wouldn't come off. What you described is what I deal with since there is a slight lip on my drum. If I don't back the brakes off I can move it out about a quarter of an inch, and that is it.
              yup no more adjusting period... thats what i was hoping for... its coming SLOOOOOWWWWWLY off now but it just started to rain... using the tire as a sliding hammer works great.
              {o===o}
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

It finally came off... . now if anyone else has this problem and doesnt want to cut the hub off (so close to doing it to) just get a big craftsmans flat head (free replacement) and get behind the drum and start ripping it off slowly... what happened to me was a small piece chipped off and that gave me more leverage to yank that sucker off....

Now my spindle was the problem the bearing spun a groove into it and wouldnt let the bearing go. so now do i replace the spindle or... spend 5 times more money and put disk on there??? its already open ahahahahaha
                Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 09-29-2007, 03:14 PM.
                {o===o}
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Working on a bronco is like opening pandora's box... If you've got the means to do the disk conversion, do it, but otherwise (seeing that this is your daily driver) I've got a spindle...
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

I say get the spindle from Tony, and put it back together. Start collecting the parts for the disk swap, and do it in a couple of months on a weekend.
                    Of course this is coming from someone that had all the stuff to do the disc swap, and then sold it. My manual drums stop me just fine, and it is really a good workout for my right leg.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I agree. Put drums back on since it's your DD. Take your time with the discs.

Comment

X2 do it on your time

Originally posted by tim View Post
                        I agree. Put drums back on since it's your DD. Take your time with the discs.
                        68 Slightly modified
                        67 LUBR once again
                        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

fine fine fine!!!!

Better to take your time doing something then doing it twice beause you messed up on it...
                          {o===o}

Comment

...Better to take your time doing something then doing it twice beause you messed up on it...
                            Now you tell me........I wish I would have learned that 15 years ago...
                            Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                            I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                              fine fine fine!!!!

Better to take your time doing something then doing it twice beause you messed up on it...
                              Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
                              Now you tell me........I wish I would have learned that 15 years ago...
                              Twice, it usually takes me atleast three times to get it right.
                              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Working...
                              X