No announcement yet.

Hp44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They charge 150 if the axle housing is empty. It normally takes a week or so to get it cut.

The ARB will work fine as long as you aren't changing from below 3.92 to 4.10 and up.

Call Miles at Valley Diffrentials 467-4301 to set it up. Around 125-150 for an ARB because of the drilling and tapping and copper tube set-up. Do not pay Off Road Ent. The are very expensive...
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by NOTPRETTY
      I could save by setting up the gears and not cutting it down. That would reduce the cost to about $300.00. But then I'd have to get two new front rims or the truck would look stupid front to back.

Put the money you could save into a full width 9 inch rear axle. You can pick one of those up pretty cheap at almost any yard. And if you wait for their half price weekend, they are even cheaper. Juast an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
        They charge 150 if the axle housing is empty. It normally takes a week or so to get it cut.

The ARB will work fine as long as you aren't changing from below 3.92 to 4.10 and up.

Call Miles at Valley Diffrentials 467-4301 to set it up. Around 125-150 for an ARB because of the drilling and tapping and copper tube set-up. Do not pay Off Road Ent. The are very expensive...
        Actually I can do the drilling and tapping and copper tube part...I've done it before. Thanks for the info on teh cutting down process.

Do you know if they (Off Road Ent) do it correctly with an alignment bar/machining ends?
        Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
          Put the money you could save into a full width 9 inch rear axle. You can pick one of those up pretty cheap at almost any yard. And if you wait for their half price weekend, they are even cheaper. Juast an idea.
          I get your thinking to some degree but here's my thinking. If I went that far, I'd want a 35 spline rear with a detroit and then I'd want a front 60 to match. Then I'd want 39's and so on.... You have to draw the line somewhere and with my money tight like it is that is not possible right now.

But, I'd really like more tire for snow wheeling and I am limited by the front driveline. This is solveable by purchasing a big dollar Highangle drive line...about $375.00. So what is cheaper/better. Frankly, if I can get into this axle for a bit more than the $375.00 price of a driveline I'd do that for the clearance of the HP44. As for the rear my 31 spline rear shafts are fine in the snow and if it is just 150.00 - 200.00 for the cut down that is acceptable and doable money wise.

This is what I see:

$100.00 - housing
          $150.00 - cut down
          $300.00 - New gears that I set up and buy proper tools to do it

$550.00 - Total...

Hmm. Now that driveline is looking better. Going to the HP44 I'd still have to build brackets for the track bar and my hydro assist and swap over everyting from my axle knuckles out.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

There's another way of thinking...Sell my axle complete for $2000.00 and put that into a D60. My axle has all the goodies...CTMs/Warns/ARB/new dics brakes/warm prem hubs...all virtually brand new. Still it would be tought to get $2 K for it which is what I would want to start up the D60. I could at least get rolling in a Dana 60 for about 2-3K then upgrade over time. Problem is then...I'd really like a Tera 60...after market knuckles...full hydro...it never ends.

Marlon
            Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 09-02-2005, 10:12 AM. Reason: typo

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Originally posted by NOTPRETTY
              Actually I can do the drilling and tapping and copper tube part...I've done it before. Thanks for the info on teh cutting down process.

Do you know if they (Off Road Ent) do it correctly with an alignment bar/machining ends?
              Yes, they machine the ends and then press them into the housing. They have been doing it for 30 years and I would trust no other...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
              X