track bar riser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• track bar riser

I have been looking at my options for the TRO setup. One thing I know I need to do is raise the track bar on the axle and get rid of the drop bracket on the frame. Wild Horses has a special on the risers for $70. I could probably make one for alot less but I would have to figure in the measurements to actually raise the bar the same amount as the drop bracket. does anyone have one of Wild Horses risers? Are they worth $70?

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/32.asp#riser
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

I was seriously looking at thiers one day while in Wild Horses. Then I decided to just fab my own to save some $$$ and just so I could build it myself. I got the idea from Familyman (Chuck) I made mine out or 3/8 plate.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by crawlin68; 08-03-2005, 08:59 PM.

Comment

i would suggest bracing the frame bracket also. my friend ripped his off the frame running 35s in the con
      70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

I was hoping to do this without buying an adjustable trackbar. I may end up buying one though. I plan on cutting off the lower portion of my drop bracket and finally welding it to the frame.
        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Karl come look at mine. Easy piece of 2x4 welded on top of orig mount. Maybe $5
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I will try to get by your place next time I am in Rancho. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X