tranny help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny help

73 bronco. I have a c4 with dana 20 and 302. the tranny recently started to make a clicking noise when it is placed into a drive gear. it makes the noise when moving or siting still. neutral and park do not make the noise. the clicking is loud and sharp. anyone have any idea of what it can be?

Does it make the noise when you have your T-case in neutral but the trans in Gear. I have no idea what the cause would be but I am trying to help isolate what is causing it. I would also jack the rear up and see if you can tell if its coming from the trans or the rear end.
    1967, 302,C4, I DID it Not SOME FRIGGEN SHOP.

Comment

it makes the noise when the t case is in 2 wheel drive. i have not put it in 4 hi or low since the noise started, i assume it makes the noise in 4 wheel drive also. tomorrow i will go drive it in 4 and see if it still has the noise.
      i have had a friend put it in gear and i crawled around under the truck. the sound in coming from the front of the tranny the best i can tell.

Comment

This is a long shot, but you may have a cracked fly wheel. Sometimes you can see them throught he inspection cover where the torque converter bolts to the flywheel.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

thanks for the help guys. now if anyone can tell me how to remove this thread so i can keep the site clean, thanks jim

Comment

Working...
          X