No announcement yet.

Bronco 4-link pics and ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I didn't see were you had posted it. Sorry for the dupe. Although mine is newer. LOL!

Comment

I curious about the 14 bolt pic... Where is that from?
      Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

I curious about the 14 bolt pic... Where is that from?
        I just saw some pics of it posted on CB because the whole tub was narowed. Here is a couple more of it:
        Attached Files
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Looks like Sand Lake
          Brad
          Chico, Ca.

Comment

Well I bit the bullet and started ordering the parts for the four link. Now I need to work out the exhaust issues, any body have experience with the BC flangless headers?
            69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

You've got PM and E-mail.
              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

I sent you my file but I had some problems sending it maybe due to the large attachment, so I resent it from my yahoo account, let me know if you get it.

Comment

I got it, (4 times actually) looks good. I can't remember what I did, but I had the roll axis at 0 or even a negitive number. Gotta love the calculator, pretty easy to move stuff around, and see how it affects the system.
                  Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                  I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

I had mine all done "By the book" and it sucked.
                    I moved everything to where I wanted and it works a lot better.
                    I have gone though many rear springs, and I think I finally got a set I like, but I really wish I would of just got coil overs from the start.
                    Get under there, decied how you want your bronco to work, then put the links where you want.
                    Mark Harris
                    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Oh, if I did it again, I would do a wishbone 3 link.
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Yup I am on the lines of saying screw the 4 link and going to do a wishbone 3 link like Marc's.

Comment

I got it, (4 times actually)
                          Sorry about that! It kept locking up during the send and telling me server time out.

I had mine all done "By the book" and it sucked.
                          I moved everything to where I wanted and it works a lot better.
                          I have gone though many rear springs, and I think I finally got a set I like, but I really wish I would of just got coil overs from the start.
                          So fill us in what springs did you end up with, and where the pics?
                          Last edited by highlander; 03-20-2007, 07:24 AM.

Comment

720, after looking at your calcs and hearing your current strategy, I thought these pics would give you some ideas. This is a on a F-toy buggy. You can see how the lower would hit the frame if it wasn't clipped, on a bronco you may not be able to let go that high with out major fender trimming. I thought the cross-member would give some ideas.
                            Attached Files

Comment

What the heck is a wishbone 3 link???

Now that I'm starting to understand, yeah right, the 4 link you throw that in??

That just ain't right.

Jeff
                              Vacaville, Ca
                              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn
                                but I really wish I would of just got coil overs from the start.

That is what I will do!!

Comment

Working...
                                X