Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorties with biggest primaries....

Getting close to firing it back up.

Since I always looking down the road, one thing I don’t want to do again will be exhaust.

I sticking with the 357 cubes and 670 truck avenger til it’s all been ironed out.....a engine is an engine.

I just been looking at the puny headers on my truck and going that’s not gonna do!

So who makes some decent sized headers. Something in the 1 3/4” primary, 2.5” collector. Since I running the bigger C6, a long tube set won’t do.
    Last edited by PhantomEB; 04-29-2019, 05:31 AM.

Re: Shorties with biggest primaries....

BC Bronco's

https://bcbroncos.com/shop/drivetrai...-early-bronco/
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I would guess 1 5/8 is as big as you will find in a shortie......long tube race style headers you can get bigger........
      73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

What are you boys with the 408s running?

Comment

You can try Mad Dog headers they have them in a 1 3/4 " but look to be more of a mid length. Dont have them listed so you would have to call.
          73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Can you fit mustang shorties?
              Anderson performance has 1 3/4"
              70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Sure can as I am just a poor ole 1969 351w with non P heads.

Did you mean Sanderson?

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                  Sure can as I am just a poor ole 1969 351w with non P heads.

Did you mean Sanderson?
                  No..anderson performance. They have a few for the foxbody. Used to have an inhouse shortie that was nice....thats what i was thinking of. Sanderson headers are real nice and local to me i believe.
                  70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Sanderson headers through Bronco Hut are available in the larger size. BC used to be only 1 5/8 as far as I know. Maybe they've got larger ones now?
                    But Bronco Hut used to have them as large as 1 7/8 as a special order, but I've heard that they stopped doing that. Don't remember what their standard size is.

Be interested to hear whether Sanderson will sell them direct to us now, since they're right here in So. San Francisco.
                    The Mustang stuff is going to need modifying if you want it to fit a Bronco chassis. Many have been there, tried that, and not had much luck. If not coated, modifying them is not s big a big deal, but if nicely coated it'd be a shame to molest them.
                    Hooker Super Comp (I believe that's the series?) sells a decent set that do fit the Bronco that have the larger primaries. Not sure what the size is though. That one would be worth looking up info on I think.

What kind of horsepower and rpm are you planning through your modestly sized engine Phantom? Just wondering why you're trying to go so big with the header. Puny your existing ones may be (likely that means 1 1/2" primaries) but that's sufficient for some decent power still. You could enlarge the tubing after the headers, making a 3" collector instead. Kind of like an expansion chamber that can mimic a larger exhaust. The larger the primaries, the higher the rpm range you can achieve before power drops off, but I would think that with the sizes you're asking about you will leave some lower end efficiency on the table.
                    Unless you're wanting to push your engine past the 6,000 rpm end or are trying to build 450hp or more, I don't see going biggest as a big advantage in a Bronco. Bigger, yes. But huger? Maybe, maybe not.
                    I would think most normal setups are fine with 1 1/2" size, while the medium/hi-po builds could use 1 5/8 and not run out of steam up to and including 5500-6000 rpm. If wanting more reach than that, then yes I could see larger tubing being a benefit.
                    So how are you setting yours up? Sorry if you've run it down in a build thread and I missed it, but if I have seen your specs, I've forgotten.

Good luck though. Sounds fun not matter what!

Paul
                    Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                    www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                    68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Working...
                    X