Windshield hinge seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield hinge seal

Might be a dumb question. Is the correct way this seal goes in. That’s how the old one, which was wider, was.
    Thanks
    Karl
    Click image for larger version

Name:	08896B7D-45CF-41BC-9C88-4750698707DC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	366.7 KB
ID:	289144

Re: Windshield hinge seal

I am watching this too... My 67 has the removable windshield assembly and that's where my seal is in Onpier55's picture.

But on every other rig I have owned it is in the hinge?
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I could be wrong of course, but I've never seen one there either. It would have to depend on how it effects the alignment with the top and doors of course, but you definitely need a rubber seal between the hinge halves or water will come straight in.
      That's a big gap between the hood and windshield frame.

How do you normally seal yours between the cowl/body and the lower hinge plate Doug? When you've had them off that is. Or have you not yet had a frame all the way off the body yet? Can't remember if you had mine off during the cowl rebuild or if it stayed in place?

Paul
      Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
      68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Paul,
        I could unbolt the hinge and windshield assembly on the 67... But on every other Bronco I have owned, the hinge is welded to the lower support.
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I have an original service manual for 1967. I’ll look in it to see if there’s any info in it for the bolt in hinges.
          Karl

Comment

Here is the pic of the original seal. I’m going to make one out of material that I use for door sweeps on walk-in freezers.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	97FCC056-6CE5-4F25-BCC4-C37DC512543E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	388.8 KB
ID:	276137
            Last edited by onpier55; 02-06-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I know this is old post, but how did this work it out for you?

Also, can anyone provide pics of their bolt on windshield hinges please?

I have to replace but hinge, I am planning to use one of the WH stainless hinges, but I would like to convert to bolt on if it is easy enough.

Thanks in advance.

-Izzy

Comment

Izzy , From these two photos you should be able to find proper location for the inner hinge seal and the lower hinge mounting gasket. When I had mine apart (sorry no photos were taken) I had to make the lower mount gasket as I could not find a reproduction part anywhere. That may be different now, but I haven't looked.
                The inner seal should be as in the lower left of the second photo copy. David

Comment

Izzy, it worked out well. Hasn’t leaked yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X