Over Reamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Reamed

Many years ago I installed a 1 ton steering setup and over reamed the passenger knuckle. Since then I have never been able to keep a dust boot on the tie rod without tearing it up. I’m pretty sure the only solution is to replace the knuckle but thought I’d ask. My strut rod bushing crumbled today, so I’ll be tearing apart the front end soon. Might as well fix everything. If replacement is the only option does anyone have an extra laying around? I have 44 with disc brakes.
    We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Re: Over Reamed

Originally posted by Muddy View Post
    Many years ago I installed a 1 ton steering setup and over reamed the passenger knuckle. Since then I have never been able to keep a dust boot on the tie rod without tearing it up. I’m pretty sure the only solution is to replace the knuckle but thought I’d ask. My strut rod bushing crumbled today, so I’ll be tearing apart the front end soon. Might as well fix everything. If replacement is the only option does anyone have an extra laying around? I have 44 with disc brakes.
    Here is your fix. Hope it helps.
    https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com..._Code=TRESTEER

Comment

Wow! Just that easy. Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy View Post
        Wow! Just that easy. Thank you very much
        No problem, glad to help.
        I also got this to help with the draglink. I had issues with boots ripping that caused flat spots in the steering.
        https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com..._Code=TRESTEER

Comment

Those inserts work really well. I used them for my knuckles.
          1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

It’s great when someone meone comes up with a simple solution. That will save me a lot of headaches

Comment

Working...
            X