Fuel lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel lines

Need recommendations for fuel lines. I was thinking stainless line, front to back then AN fittings. Went to the local Tognotti’s and they don’t have stainless line. Said he had aluminum tubing in a roll or stainless braided. I’ve read about the nickel copper line. What is everyone’s preference? I need to go from the in tank pump up to the explorer motor. What about the ford fittings like in the pic.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8811FE1C-581A-41DC-A259-15DB0A0411F9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	411.0 KB
ID:	288976
    Last edited by onpier55; 06-25-2018, 08:14 PM.

Re: Fuel lines

Name:	99357428-D530-4CC7-994B-985FDA35F040.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	560.8 KB
ID:	275633
    This is the pump that is going in the aero tank.

Comment

Karl,

there 10 different ways to do this...

I use steel fuel line and bend it my self, 5/16" is fine for a stock motor. I also have an inverted flare tool...

I use Ford Duck bill connectors and Gates Barricade EFI fuel hose with EFI clamps only. DB connectors from pump to Explorer factory fuel filter in a 88-93 Ford Mustang fuel filter holder. (Others will work too)
      From the fuel filter I transition to the metal fuel in with inverted flare. That takes me forward where I adapt from the inverted flare to AN. I use a short length of braided flex line with a special liner for today's fuels.

Then there is an adapter that you can buy to to covert the Ford spring loc connector to AN.

Earls also makes an EFI specific hose and adapters that I might try this time, which should be cheaper than the 4 Braided connectors and line I have to buy...

Pictures enclosed for review... Doug

Name:	DSCN3444.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	383.5 KB
ID:	275634Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3556.jpg
Size:	653.6 KB
ID:	275635Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3548.jpg
Size:	444.1 KB
ID:	275636Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3549.jpg
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	275637Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3952.jpg
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	275638
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I agree with Doug, and if I were to do it again I would do exactly what he did. Form lines out of steel tubing, inverted flare fittings, minimal use of AN hose for where there needs to be some flex.
        When I did my EFI conversion, I found a "deal" on enough braided hose to run all the way from the tank to the engine (and back). To pay full price for that much braided hose would be ridiculous and somewhat pointless. I think the steel lines are your best bet for durability and longevity.

The Ford Spring-Lock connectors are a well engineered connection, the adapters to go from Spring Lock to -AN are good but they lack the secondary clip that Ford used. A buddy had one back off of his fuel rail one day when we were out driving the rigs. Lots of fuel spilled all over the engine. Lucky there was no fire. Be absolutely sure that the spring lock connectors are fully engaged. Snap them on and give them a strong tug to make sure they are tight.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

The secondary clip that Tony is talking about is still available from Ford... But usually I harvest them off Ford vehicles at PnPull. Thx for pointing that out Tony...

Oh, And you can special order a 6' section of 5/16" fuel line from O'Reillys
          Last edited by 904Bronco; 06-26-2018, 06:37 AM.
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Thanks as always for the responses and the help. You guys are priceless. Trying to source all this stuff without all the information would be time consuming and would prolong my already too long build. Lol. Once again, thanks again, and thanks for the pictures also.
            Thanks
            Karl

Comment

Working...
            X